Physician (Plastic Surgery)
- Defense Health Agency (DHA)
- San Diego, CA
- Closing date
- Mar 15, 2024
Physician (Plastic Surgery) - San Diego Naval Medical Center
Downtown San Diego is located on San Diego Bay. Balboa Park encompasses several mesas and canyons to the northeast, surrounded by older, dense urban communities including Hillcrest and North Park. To the east and southeast lie City Heights, the College Area, and Southeast San Diego. To the north lies Mission Valley and Interstate 8. The communities north of the valley and freeway, and south of Marine Corps Air Station Mirmar, include Clairemont, Kearny Mesa, Tierrasanta, and Navajo. Stretching north from Miramar are the northern suburbs of Mira Mesa, Scripps Ranch, Rancho Penasquitos, and Ranch Bernado. The far northeast portion of the city encompasses Lake Hodges and the San Pasqual Valley, which holds an agricultural preserve. Carmel Valley and Del Mar Heights occupy the northwest corner of the city. To their south are Torrey Pines State Reserve and the business center of the Golden Triangle. Further south are the beach and coastal communities of La Jolla, Pacific Beach, Mission Beach, and Ocean Beach. Pont Loma occupies the peninsula across San Dego Bay from downtown. The communities of South San Diego (an Enclave), such as San Ysidro and Otay Mesa, are located next to the Mexico-United States border and are physically separated from the rest of the city by the cities of National City and Chula Vista. A narrow strip of land at the bottom of San Diego Bay connects these southern neighborhoods with the rest of the city.
San Diego has one of the top-ten best climates in the United States and has one of the two best summer climates in the country as scored by The Weather Channel. San Diego area has been variously categorized as having either a semi-arid climate or a Mediterranean climate. San Diego's climate is characterized by warm, dry summers and mild winters, with most of the annual precipitation falling between December and March. The city has a mild climate year-round, with an average of 201 days above 70 °F and low rainfall (9-13 inches annually).
Working for the Department of Defense comes with an abundance of benefits and perks to include competitive compensation packages, paid-time off, medical benefits, student loan repayments, and retirement package with Thrift Savings Plan to include matching employer contributions. For more information, please visit the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/benefits/
Board eligibility in Plastic Surgery with progressive experience and demonstrated expertise equivalent in breadth and intensity is required. Responsible for the examination, diagnosis and treatment of the full range of patients in the clinic.
1. Serves as a plastic surgeon providing routine, non-routine and emergency impatient and outpatient care at NMCSD. Provides examination, diagnosis, and treatment by surgical and conservative means for diseases and injuries. Responsible for clinic, operative and inpatient care of patients. Performs clinical rounds as dictated by standards of good patient care. Responsible for telephone consultations with patients, surgeons and other physicians with urgent concerns. Prepares and maintains outpatient, inpatient and operative reports in accordance with service and hospital Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Documents in both paper and Electronic Medical Records. Participates in, fully supports, and assumes responsibility for specified assignments in Quality Improvement activities in the Plastic Surgery Service. Performs major surgical operations which may include but are not limited to reduction mammoplasty, mastopexy, abdominoplasty, breast reconstruction, subcutaneous mastectomy, tissue transfer flap, thighplasty, augmentation mammoplasty, scar revision, and management of complicated wounds.
2. Teaches Surgical Residents/Students and supports the Graduate Medical Education (GME) program. Serves as preceptor, as required, for assigned residents and students.
-US Citizenship required
-Maintains current state licensure, Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Life Support (ALS)
-Requires medical licensing and must be board certified in Plastic Surgery
-Requires credentialing as a Plastic Surgeon within facilities in the San Diego Military Health Market or other DHA assigned markets as applicable
-Candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
AMERICA’S PREMIER MEDICAL TEAM, SAVING LIVES AND FOSTERING HEALTHY AND RESILIENT PEOPLE
- Promote, sustain, and enhance the health of our armed forces, veterans, and their families.
- Train, develop, and equip a medical force that supports full spectrum operations.
- Deliver leading-edge healthcare to our warriors and military families to optimize outcomes.
DO WHAT YOU REALLY WANT -
CARE FOR PATIENTS AND HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE THE PRACTICE.
There are a lot of reasons you became a physician, but none of them included inﬂexible work schedules, burdensome administrative tasks, and dealing with insurance companies. By offering you exceptional employment beneﬁts as well as the opportunity to practice at locations across the U.S. and around the world, DHA delivers you the work-life balance you have always been missing.
WORK AND LIFE OPPORTUNITIES.
Practice your specialty and experience the unique career opportunities and beneﬁts that can be found at the DHA.
The civilian physicians of the Defense Health Agency meet the healthcare needs of active duty and retired military personnel, and their families, at treatment facilities across the U.S. and around the world.
- 250+ Locations Worldwide
- 5 Million+ Under Our Care
- Excellent Stafﬁng Ratios
- State-of-the-Art Facilities
- Patient-Focused Care
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedules
- Recruitment Bonuses
- Job Security
- Supportive Work Environment
With job openings at more than 250 military medical facilities all across the U.S. and around the world, DHA offers you the chance to practice where you want.
THE DHA IS CURRENTLY HIRING:
- Family Medicine
- Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- Allergists & Immunologists
- Occupational Medicine
- Physical Medicine
- Preventive Medicine Physicians
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
YOUR CAREER SEARCH STARTS HERE.
“As a civilian serving in the DHA, I get what I was missing most in my old practice. I was tired of the punishing work schedule and dealing with insurance and all the stress it brings. Now, I still practice alongside great physicians in a state-of-the-art facility, but in an environment that allows me to have a life outside the practice.
Best of all, even though I'm a civilian, I receive excellent federal beneﬁts.”
Dr. Frank R
Evans Army Community Hospital
Fort Carson, CO.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert