- NIH - National Institutes of Health
- Bethesda, Maryland
- Closing date
- May 14, 2023
- Endocrinology, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics
- Full Time
- Position Type
- Permanent, Research, Academic/Teaching
Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health & Human Development (NICHD)
PEDIATRIC ENDOCRINOLOGIST STAFF CLINICIAN:
CLINICAL RESEARCH SUPPORT
The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Office of the Clinical Director (OCD), is recruiting for a Pediatric Endocrinologist to engage in clinical care and research at the NIH Clinical Research Center (CRC), the world’s largest free-standing clinical research hospital. This is an important position that will allow us to serve the mission of the NIH, NICHD, and the CRC. We seek an individual interested in supporting our pediatric endocrinology outpatient, inpatient and consult services, contributing to ongoing cutting-edge clinical research, teaching pediatric endocrinology fellows, and providing administrative and leadership assistance to the fellowship program. The selected person will also have the opportunity to develop new clinical research directions with the guidance of NICHD Principal Investigators. Areas of research include pediatric obesity, growth, adrenal disorders, and puberty/reproductive endocrinology.
Applications are being accepted for a highly motivated individual to work collaboratively with interdisciplinary research teams to facilitate clinical research including Food and Drug Administration regulated drug trials.
Desired Skills and Qualification
The ideal candidate will have:
- M.D. (or equivalent degree), a current license to practice medicine in the United States and be eligible to be credentialed for patient care by the National Institutes of Health, Clinical Center.
- Board certification or Board Eligibility in Pediatrics or both Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
- Subspecialty training in Pediatric Endocrinology
- Excellent collaborative skills to function in concert with protocol coordinators, research nurses, and principal investigators to support ongoing clinical research projects
Full Federal benefits including salary, leave, health and life insurance, long-term care insurance, retirement, and savings plan (401k equivalent) will be provided. Salary is commensurate with research experience and accomplishments.
Candidates may be eligible to apply for the NIH General Research Loan Repayment Program. Please see eligibility requirements at www.lrp.nih.gov.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their curriculum vitae, bibliography, a short description of future research interests, and request three reference letters be sent to: Dr. Meg Keil via email: email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Initial review of applications will be conducted on a rolling basis.
DHHS and NIH are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert