- Defense Health Agency (DHA)
- Tacoma, WA
- Closing date
- Mar 13, 2024
Physician (Pediatrics) Tacoma , Washington
Located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest on the Puget Sound, in Washington State, Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) is near the city of Lakewood, 10 minutes from Tacoma and 20 minutes from Olympia, the state capitol. JBLM is situated in a key location along Interstate 5, allowing easy access to Sea-Tac Airport and to the deep-water ports of Tacoma and Seattle. Although the Army and Air Force missions have changed over the years, one thing has not changed-the natural setting of the base. Majestic Mount Rainier looms on the horizon, towering over the other peaks of the Cascade Range. From the mountains to the deep waters of Puget Sound and the Pacific Ocean, the local areas abound in natural beauty and outdoor recreation opportunities. Camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, boating and now sports are a way of life in Washington State.
Working for the Department of Defense comes with an abundance of benefits and perks to include competitive compensation packages, paid-time off, medical benefits, student loan repayments, and retirement package with Thrift Savings Plan to include matching employer contributions. For more information, please visit the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/benefits/
1. Serves as a Board Certified or Board Eligible General Pediatrician and Primary Care Manager in the General Pediatric Clinic. Works within a team-based clinical setting in the context of a Patient Centered Medical Home. Provides a full range of outpatient pediatric services to infants, children and adolescents of both sexes in the Pediatric Clinic. This includes assessment, diagnosis and treatment in the areas of general pediatrics, dermatology, rheumatology, infectious diseases, allergic, metabolic, neurological, endocrine, cardiac, pulmonary, gastrointestinal, hematologic, renal, developmental, musculoskeletal and emotional disorders. Must be able to obtain a complete medical history and perform complete examinations for all patients presenting for care. Must obtain all appropriate tests necessary to diagnose and treat medical conditions within the scope of care of a General Pediatrician. Makes timely referral to specialty services in accordance with established procedures for patients needing special medical treatment. Completes required medical documentation pertaining to all medical services provided in accordance with specified procedures and regulations.
2. Participates in Continuing Medical Education programs and in Quality Assurance activities in the Clinic and Department to remain current in medical knowledge and practice. Maintains all requirements for state licensure and certification by the American Board of Pediatrics. Maintain credentials, CME, and additional required training as set for by the Department of Pediatrics, Madigan Army Medical Center, and the Department of Defense.
3. Provides oversight and guidance to a variety of personnel, to include nursing staff, nurse practitioners, and Graduate Medical Education trainees (nurse practitioner students, physician assistant students, medic students, medics, medical students, interns and residents). Serves as a Faculty Member of the Department's Pediatric Residency Program. Has the final responsibility for the medical care rendered by trainees; thereby ensuring the accuracy of assessment, diagnosis and treatment plans. Participates in faculty requirements as directed by the Pediatric Residency Program Director.
4. Provides inpatient pediatric services on an infrequent basis to include, but not limited to, coverage of the Newborn Medicine Service and the Pediatric Inpatient Ward. Provides direct supervision of interns and residents in these capacities. Provides on-call phone coverage for empanelled patients on an infrequent basis.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
US Citizenship required
Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicants graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).
Candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
AMERICA’S PREMIER MEDICAL TEAM, SAVING LIVES AND FOSTERING HEALTHY AND RESILIENT PEOPLE
- Promote, sustain, and enhance the health of our armed forces, veterans, and their families.
- Train, develop, and equip a medical force that supports full spectrum operations.
- Deliver leading-edge healthcare to our warriors and military families to optimize outcomes.
DO WHAT YOU REALLY WANT -
CARE FOR PATIENTS AND HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE THE PRACTICE.
There are a lot of reasons you became a physician, but none of them included inﬂexible work schedules, burdensome administrative tasks, and dealing with insurance companies. By offering you exceptional employment beneﬁts as well as the opportunity to practice at locations across the U.S. and around the world, DHA delivers you the work-life balance you have always been missing.
WORK AND LIFE OPPORTUNITIES.
Practice your specialty and experience the unique career opportunities and beneﬁts that can be found at the DHA.
The civilian physicians of the Defense Health Agency meet the healthcare needs of active duty and retired military personnel, and their families, at treatment facilities across the U.S. and around the world.
- 250+ Locations Worldwide
- 5 Million+ Under Our Care
- Excellent Stafﬁng Ratios
- State-of-the-Art Facilities
- Patient-Focused Care
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedules
- Recruitment Bonuses
- Job Security
- Supportive Work Environment
With job openings at more than 250 military medical facilities all across the U.S. and around the world, DHA offers you the chance to practice where you want.
THE DHA IS CURRENTLY HIRING:
- Family Medicine
- Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- Allergists & Immunologists
- Occupational Medicine
- Physical Medicine
- Preventive Medicine Physicians
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
YOUR CAREER SEARCH STARTS HERE.
“As a civilian serving in the DHA, I get what I was missing most in my old practice. I was tired of the punishing work schedule and dealing with insurance and all the stress it brings. Now, I still practice alongside great physicians in a state-of-the-art facility, but in an environment that allows me to have a life outside the practice.
Best of all, even though I'm a civilian, I receive excellent federal beneﬁts.”
Dr. Frank R
Evans Army Community Hospital
Fort Carson, CO.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert