Physician ( Anesthesiology)
- Defense Health Agency (DHA)
- Ft. Bragg, NC
- Closing date
- Mar 13, 2024
This position will be located at Womack Army Medical Center, Fort Bragg, NC.
This is an employed civilian Physician ( Anesthesiologist) position that affords job security, a competitive salary, bonuses, moving expenses, full malpractice coverage, up to 26 days paid vacation, 11 days paid Federal Holidays, a sick leave benefit, CME opportunities, and a first-class health and retirement benefit package.
Named after Medal of Honor recipient, PFC Bryant H. Womack, we are a fully accredited 110-bed, evidenced-based regional medical center and GME facility serving Fort Bragg, the home of Airborne and Special Operations and the largest U.S. Army installation in the world. We manage several outstanding Primary Care practice sites located in Fort Bragg, Fayetteville, Hope Mills, and Linden Oaks.
Womack is located in Fayetteville, Fort Bragg which is 2 hours from the beach and 5 hours from the Appalachian Mountains with easy access to I-95 and all points north and south. This central North Carolina location enjoys seasonably palatable weather year-round. Many facilities and services are offered such as first class golfing venues and renowned universities, a skeet range, riding stables, ice skating rink, state-of-the-art fitness centers, daycare, star-quality dining, full service banking, convenience shop, barbershop, and florist.
Fayetteville, NC: http://fayetteville.northcarolina.com/
Womack Army Medical Center:
As a Physician Anesthesologist you will:
- Participate in the handling of other catastrophic problems where the skills of an anesthesiologist are also applicable, e.g., drug overdoses, cardiac arrest, and respiratory problems.
- Implement therapeutic anesthesia based interventional pain management interventions for specific conditions when appropriate.
- Interpret and correlate laboratory, radiologic and diagnostic procedures and interpret and correlate subjective and objective data to formulate a differential diagnoses to establish a working diagnosis.
- Administer anesthesia and manage the medical care of patients before, during, and after surgery.
US Citizenship required
Must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
AMERICA’S PREMIER MEDICAL TEAM, SAVING LIVES AND FOSTERING HEALTHY AND RESILIENT PEOPLE
- Promote, sustain, and enhance the health of our armed forces, veterans, and their families.
- Train, develop, and equip a medical force that supports full spectrum operations.
- Deliver leading-edge healthcare to our warriors and military families to optimize outcomes.
DO WHAT YOU REALLY WANT -
CARE FOR PATIENTS AND HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE THE PRACTICE.
There are a lot of reasons you became a physician, but none of them included inﬂexible work schedules, burdensome administrative tasks, and dealing with insurance companies. By offering you exceptional employment beneﬁts as well as the opportunity to practice at locations across the U.S. and around the world, DHA delivers you the work-life balance you have always been missing.
WORK AND LIFE OPPORTUNITIES.
Practice your specialty and experience the unique career opportunities and beneﬁts that can be found at the DHA.
The civilian physicians of the Defense Health Agency meet the healthcare needs of active duty and retired military personnel, and their families, at treatment facilities across the U.S. and around the world.
- 250+ Locations Worldwide
- 5 Million+ Under Our Care
- Excellent Stafﬁng Ratios
- State-of-the-Art Facilities
- Patient-Focused Care
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedules
- Recruitment Bonuses
- Job Security
- Supportive Work Environment
With job openings at more than 250 military medical facilities all across the U.S. and around the world, DHA offers you the chance to practice where you want.
THE DHA IS CURRENTLY HIRING:
- Family Medicine
- Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- Allergists & Immunologists
- Occupational Medicine
- Physical Medicine
- Preventive Medicine Physicians
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
YOUR CAREER SEARCH STARTS HERE.
“As a civilian serving in the DHA, I get what I was missing most in my old practice. I was tired of the punishing work schedule and dealing with insurance and all the stress it brings. Now, I still practice alongside great physicians in a state-of-the-art facility, but in an environment that allows me to have a life outside the practice.
Best of all, even though I'm a civilian, I receive excellent federal beneﬁts.”
Dr. Frank R
Evans Army Community Hospital
Fort Carson, CO.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert