- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Northport, New York
- Closing date
- Mar 12, 2024
- Full Time
- Position Type
The Northport, NY Veterans Affairs Medical Center, located on scenic Long Island, is seeking 2 Inpatient Psychiatrists and 2 Fee Basis Psychiatrist. You could be part of an important initiative to provide mental health care for our nations Veterans! America's Veterans need you!
Perform psychiatric evaluations for a diverse population, including geriatric and post deployment combat Veterans, who have psychosocial issues such as homelessness, unemployment, and poor family support network. Clinical practice may include depression, anxiety, psychosis, PTSD, substance abuse, and other psychiatric disorders in outpatient, inpatient, & ED settings. May participate in supervision and teaching in support of the psychiatric residency program.
Up to 200K Assistance with payment of outstanding medical school loans is available!
Fee Basis $225 per hour
- Competitive Pay
- Annual performance bonus up to an additional 7.5% of pay
- Guaranteed salary increases
- Hours: 8am-4:30pm, M-F; emergent call coverage
- Licensure: 1 Full & unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at this facility
- CME: $1,000 per year stipend for reimbursement
- Malpractice: Liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No Employment Contract
- 26 Days paid vacation
- 13 Days paid sick time per year with unlimited carry over
- 11 Federal holidays with pay
- Possible 5 days paid absence to attend CME
- Federal Retirement Plan
- Separate 401K with partial agency match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Nationwide Mobility
VA physicians practice medicine more and spend less time on business tasks. Enjoy an environment that supports an interdisciplinary care team approach that delivers state-of-the-art medicine using some of the most advanced medical techniques and technologies in the Nation. Plus, VA offers an unparalleled variety of practice options in research, academia, and administration. Enjoy a superb quality of life. VA ensures and encourages a healthy work/life balance through predictable scheduling, reduced paperwork, the elimination of billing hassles, and lifting the burden of liability coverage.
If interested, please e-mail me your CV and we can speak further.
Charles D. Long,
VA National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant
Apply for Inpatient Psychiatrist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert