Physician (Family Practice)
- Defense Health Agency (DHA)
- Ft. Huachuca, AZ
- Closing date
- Mar 10, 2024
- Family Medicine
Physician (Family Practice) - Fort Huachuca, AZ
Fort Huachuca is located in the southeastern corner of Arizona. It is surrounded by Cochise County and the local townships of Sierra Vista, Hereford, and Huachuca City. It is approximately one hour southeast of Tucson. It is a military community with a small town ambience encased by scenic vistas. The cost of living is moderately high.
Sierra Vista is part of the Sierra Vista-Douglas Micropolitan Area, which has a population of about 129,500. It is in the very bottom, southeastern corner of the state, just above the Arizona-Mexico border and just west of the Arizona-New Mexico state line. The Huachuca Mountains surround the area to the west, and the city sits at an elevation of 4,633 feet above sea level.
Working for the Department of Defense comes with an abundance of benefits and perks to include competitive compensation packages, paid-time off, medical benefits, student loan repayments, and retirement package with Thrift Savings Plan to include matching employer contributions. For more information, please visit the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/benefits/
Incumbent serves as MEDICAL OFFICER (Family Practice) in the Family Practice Service of the Department of Family and Community Medicine during regular and extended clinic hours. Provides medical care to Tricare Prime/Tricare plus enrollees including active duty members and their family members and retirees and their family members. Patients are of all types ranging from newborn to geriatric, with all types of medical problems/conditions to include medical/surgical, social and/or emotional.
1. Performs detailed assessment of the health status and health maintenance of the individual patients taking into account the patient's family environment. Prescribes treatment appropriate for the patient's needs and condition. Refers patients when indicated for diagnostic testing and specialty consultation within Tricare/military systems. Provides access to care for the enrolled beneficiary population with a mixture of routine/health maintenance and urgent care/same day appointments.
2. Performs outpatient procedures according to provider's acquired level of training/competence, which may include flexible sigmoidoscopy, vasectomy, minor surgery, nasopharyngoscopy, endometrial biopsy, exercise stress testing, or colposcopy.
3. Participates in Family Practice Quality Improvement through periodic chart and procedure audits.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be a US Citizen
Must be Board Certified or Board eligible in Family Medicine
Must have a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicants graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).
Must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
AMERICA’S PREMIER MEDICAL TEAM, SAVING LIVES AND FOSTERING HEALTHY AND RESILIENT PEOPLE
- Promote, sustain, and enhance the health of our armed forces, veterans, and their families.
- Train, develop, and equip a medical force that supports full spectrum operations.
- Deliver leading-edge healthcare to our warriors and military families to optimize outcomes.
DO WHAT YOU REALLY WANT -
CARE FOR PATIENTS AND HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE THE PRACTICE.
There are a lot of reasons you became a physician, but none of them included inﬂexible work schedules, burdensome administrative tasks, and dealing with insurance companies. By offering you exceptional employment beneﬁts as well as the opportunity to practice at locations across the U.S. and around the world, DHA delivers you the work-life balance you have always been missing.
WORK AND LIFE OPPORTUNITIES.
Practice your specialty and experience the unique career opportunities and beneﬁts that can be found at the DHA.
The civilian physicians of the Defense Health Agency meet the healthcare needs of active duty and retired military personnel, and their families, at treatment facilities across the U.S. and around the world.
- 250+ Locations Worldwide
- 5 Million+ Under Our Care
- Excellent Stafﬁng Ratios
- State-of-the-Art Facilities
- Patient-Focused Care
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedules
- Recruitment Bonuses
- Job Security
- Supportive Work Environment
With job openings at more than 250 military medical facilities all across the U.S. and around the world, DHA offers you the chance to practice where you want.
THE DHA IS CURRENTLY HIRING:
- Family Medicine
- Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- Allergists & Immunologists
- Occupational Medicine
- Physical Medicine
- Preventive Medicine Physicians
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
YOUR CAREER SEARCH STARTS HERE.
“As a civilian serving in the DHA, I get what I was missing most in my old practice. I was tired of the punishing work schedule and dealing with insurance and all the stress it brings. Now, I still practice alongside great physicians in a state-of-the-art facility, but in an environment that allows me to have a life outside the practice.
Best of all, even though I'm a civilian, I receive excellent federal beneﬁts.”
Dr. Frank R
Evans Army Community Hospital
Fort Carson, CO.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert