Carilion Clinic is a large, academic medical center with Level 1 Trauma and Primary Stroke Center designation with Gold Seal from Join Commission and plans to obtain Comprehensive Stroke Program designation. We are seeking additional vascular neurologists. Someone with leadership interests could also serve as the Stroke Medical Director. Neurocritical care experience is preferred but not required.
- Full time, salaried position
- Academic appointment at the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine
- Neurology and Neurosurgery residency programs
- Competitive compensation with employer funded pension plan offered- Sign on Bonus & Student Loan Assistance
- Possibility of continued and expanded participation in clinical trials and research in collaboration with Fralin Biomedical Research Institute and Virginia Tech University
- A Stroke Medical Directorship may be offered to a qualified candidate
Carilion Clinic Stroke Program:
- Established endovascular program with full support of endovascular interventional physicians on-call 24/7.
- Dedicated Stroke NP and Stroke Coordinator
- Tele stroke support and embedded remote care for outlying Carilion hospitals
- 34 bed Inpatient Rehab unit onsite with 5 dedicated for brain injury patients
- Ongoing community involvement and education efforts
- Fully supported by Cardiology, Critical Care/ICU, Neurosurgery, Psychiatry and other services
- Carilion Clinic is a network of 7 hospitals with a large geographic footprint and is supported 24/7 by Life-Guard program with 4 helicopters and air ambulance crew
Great Place to Raise a Family
The Roanoke Valley is located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains at the southern tip of Virginia s Shenandoah Valley in Southwest Virginia. A beautiful 22,000-acre lake is just a short drive from town, offering superb bass fishing, boating and swimming. For those loving the outdoors, Roanoke offers a mild four-season climate. With the Appalachian Trail and the Blue Ridge Parkway close by, skiing, hiking, and biking are all close at hand. Roanoke also offers great shopping, fantastic restaurants, its own symphony orchestra, live theatre, opera, ballet, and many other culturally diverse attractions. The region has an excellent public school system, and there are six colleges and universities within an hours drive.