Director, Hospitalist Medicine
- Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY)
- Bronx, New York
- Closing date
- Apr 9, 2023
- Hospital Medicine (MD)
- Full Time
- Position Type
- Permanent, Chair/Chief/Medical Director
Director, Hospitalist Medicine
Jacobi Medical Center – Bronx, New York
Jacobi Medical Center, an affiliate of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, is currently accepting applications and referrals for a Director of Hospitalist Medicine. Jacobi Medical Center is an academic public teaching hospital and a vibrant member of New York City Health and Hospitals, the largest public health system in the US.
- Lead and build a robust Hospitalist Division within the Department of Medicine
- Maintain clinical standards of care per EBM, national and H+H guidelines
- Ensure a high level of performance of all Hospitalist team members for efficient and effective patient care
- Support and mentor the clinical and academic growth of the hospitalists
- Maximize patient access, flow and satisfaction
- Care and management of patients admitted to the General Medicine Service
- Coordinate Hospitalist Division with specialists, as necessary
- Respond quickly to clinical changes and emergencies
- Contribute to financial viability of Jacobi Medical Center
- Implement CMS, DOH, H+H, JMC and Department programs and initiatives
- Encourage and develop initiatives aligning with the hospital’s strategic plan
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine
- Possess or eligible for a New York State Medical License
- At least 5 years’ Hospitalist/Nocturnist or equivalent experience preferred
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars Annual salary of $236,895.00
NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi, located in the Bronx, accommodates more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more than 100,000 emergency room visits and more than 20,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital is renowned for The Trauma Center, staffed to treat any traumatic injury or illness, the fully accredited Breast Health Center, and The Burn Center, with more than 40 years of work in burn care.
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
To be considered or for more information, please send your CV to: Shar Florestal, Physician Recruiter at: email@example.com, or apply online at:
Physician Affiliate Group of New York, P.C.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert