Division Chief - Pediatric Endocrinology Associate Professor/Professor Saint Louis University School of MedicineSSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
The Department of Pediatrics at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital is seeking faculty applicants to be the Division Chief of Pediatric Endocrinology. Responsibilities will/may include participation in clinical care, medical education, research, and provision of administrative duties. The Division provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital, other area hospitals and outreach clinic sites in the St Louis Metropolitan area.
- The Division Director will provide leadership in education, clinical care, and research, while mentoring and managing physicians, practitioners, residents and medical students.
- Candidates will specialize in Pediatric Endocrinology services providing care for the full spectrum of endocrine conditions including diabetes, thyroid diseases, growth issues, metabolic disorders, osteoporosis and other disorders in the hormone-producing adrenal glands and pituitary glands.
- Share clinical, research and teaching responsibilities with other faculty in the division.
- Competitive base salary plus RVU incentives, sign-on bonus, and relocation bonus
- Exceptional benefit package
- Shared call with pediatric endocrinology team
- Critical access hospital
- Facility, Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital is a Level I pediatric trauma center for both Missouri and Illinois
- Highest volume pediatric emergency department in the region
- BC/BE MD or DO physician
- Academic appointment with Saint Louis University School of Medicine
- Faculty rank commensurate with experience
Candidates should have an interest in academic achievement in pediatric endocrinology. Faculty members in the Division are actively involved ongoing research projects. Excellent opportunities for teaching in both didactic and clinical settings are available at the medical student, resident level. Interest in launching a pediatric endocrinology fellowship training program is desirable.
Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience. The institution is open to working with many types of foreign visa holders, as well as green card holders and US citizens.
Saint Louis University is a Jesuit institution dedicated to student learning, research, health care and service. Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital is a 195-bed free standing hospital and ambulatory care center located in midtown St. Louis, and serves a diverse population from the inner city, the metropolitan area, and a 200-mile referral radius. The pediatric staff includes over 130 full time site-based Saint Louis University School of Medicine faculty. The SLUCare Physician Group is the academic medical practice of SSM Health, St. Louis with more than 600 pediatric health care providers in hospitals and medical offices throughout the St. Louis region
The St. Louis metropolitan area is well-known for its low cost of living, excellent public and private schools, diverse cultural opportunities, numerous parks, recreation, and wildlife sites.