Endocrinologist- Are you looking for Work Life Balance?
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Fresno, California
- Closing date
- Mar 8, 2024
- Full Time
- Position Type
Department of Veterans Affairs Central California Health Care System, Fresno, CA, affiliated with the University of California- San Francisco Medical Residency Program, a leader in health care quality is recruiting for a full-time faculty member in the endocrinology department.
This position is in the department of Medicine Service, VA Central California Healthcare System (VACCHCS). VA provides patient-centered care, delivered by engaged, collaborative teams in an integrated environment that supports learning and continuous improvement.
We are looking for a provider with outstanding clinical and interpersonal skills who will provide the highest quality veteran-centered care.
- Candidate must have completed a residency in internal medicine and fellowships in endocrinology.
- The physician must be board-certified or board eligible in endocrinology.
- Candidate must have a medical degree (MD, DO, or equivalent) and must be eligible to obtain a US medical license.
- Applicant should have clinical experience and be willing to actively participate in medical education and have experience and interest in clinical research.
The program is based in Fresno, California, where residents enjoy a high standard of living combined with a low cost of living. The result is a quality of life uniquely Californian, yet surprisingly affordable. Limitless recreational opportunities and spectacular scenery are all accessible in a community with abundant affordable housing. While there is much to see and do in Fresno, the city is ideally located for fast, convenient getaways to the majestic Sierra (just 90 minutes away) as well as the scenic Central Coast, just two and one-half hours away. Fresno is the only major city in the country with proximity to three national parks, including the renowned Yosemite National Park.
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) Approval, award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) are determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services program office after complete review of the EDRP application
Expected Salary range 215,000 to $243,000, with consideration given to candidate's qualifications, credentials, and experience; and may include up to $15,000 in Annual Performance Bonus. *Up to 24K sign on
Paid Time Off: 50-55 days of annual paid time offer per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 11 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME)
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement)
Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory
CME: Possible $1,000 per year reimbursement
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits, 2) FERS-RAE basic benefits (pension), and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee s salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee s salary
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2020, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $19,500, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $25,500.
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years service
VA offers a comprehensive total rewards package. VHA Physician Total Rewards.
Please email your CV to Gregory.Salmon@va.gov You may also text or call (321) 689-7080
Apply for Endocrinologist- Are you looking for Work Life Balance?
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert