Looking for a Board Certified/Board Eligible Neurohospitalist to join our well established, hospital employed General Neurology practice. 7 days on/7 days off. Telemedicine for acute stroke. Providers in the practice include Augusto Juguilon, MD, Angela Rackley, MD, Laura Sova, NP, and Andy Stegman, PA.
- Base salary of $298,260 with additional compensation for experience
* 5% less for those not yet boarded, salary adjusted accordingly upon board certification
2-year contract also includes:
- Vacation: 4 weeks plus holidays/sick days (29 PTO days). Additional 5 days when producing 75%tile wRVUs
- CME/Books & Journals: 5 days PTO and up to $5000
- Deferred compensation: 457b plan. Defer compensation up to IRS limit of $20,500 year before taxes. No matching.
- Retirement / Savings Plan: 403b plan. Defer compensation up to IRS limit of $20,500 year before taxes under age 50 and $26,000 for over age 50. SOMC matches dollar for dollar up to 2% of base pay.
- Moving Expense: $10,000 paid to moving company
- Malpractice Insurance Coverage: in a claims made insurance, in an amount of $1,000,000, per claim/$3,000,000, aggregate
- Health Insurance: physician pays small premium, deducted from paycheck
- Liquidated Damages: 70 mile and 2 year non-compete clause or liquidated damages of one year salary
- CERP (Pay for Call) Program: Explained by VP of Finance
- Bonus Incentives: excellent bonus incentives up to 30% of salary
- Medical School Loan Repayment: repay up to $200,000 ($25,000 per year for each year of service commitment)
- Residency Stipend: up to $25,000 (requires up to 2 year service commitment)
- Sign on Bonus: 15% of base salary up to $100,000 (paid when contract signed and forgiven over 2-4 years)
- Practice Location
- Main Hospital located at 1805 27th Street Portsmouth, OH
- 248 beds
- Provide consults to all inpatient units within hospital
- Work Schedule
- 7 days on/7 days off
- Call Schedule/CERP (if applicable)
- 24/7 call during the week you are on, relatively light
- Hospitalists and ER covering overnight except for rare emergencies
- Eligible to earn additional compensation by joining our CERP (Pay for Call) Program
- Case Load
- Average volume 10 12 patients/day
- 8 -10 new consults/day
- When covering weekend, usually average 6-8 new consults/day.
- 2 Nicolet / Viasys / Carefusion digital EEG Machines approximately 800-1000 tests per year
- Nicolet / Viasys EMG Machine over 300 per year
- Ambulatory EEG available
- Practice Expectations
- Looking for a personable, hardworking, team player devoted to patient centered care
- Work well with team and staff
- Ability to build service line
Click here to learn more about SOMC: http://www.somc.org/
Hospital Beds: 248 staffed | Service Area: 250,000 | Not-for-profit established in 1966 | Employs: 3,000+ | Medical Staff: 275+
Teaching opportunities: SOMC has Medical Students, Residents, and Advanced Practitioner trainees. Staff are eligible for Clinical Adjunct Faculty status with Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine.
All employment is contingent upon passing the post-offer physical examination, drug test, and criminal background investigation.
Apply for Neurohospitalist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert