Specialty Services Line Chief
- Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- Closing date
- Mar 8, 2024
- General Practice
- Full Time
- Position Type
We are excited to open a leadership position for a medical specialist or a dentist who is passionate about leadership, evidence based care and practicing within the Native American community. We are motivated to find an enthusiastic leader to work in our brand new ambulatory health care facility in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Who are we?
The Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community (SRP-MIC) is a sovereign tribe located in the metropolitan Phoenix area. Bounded by the cities of Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa and Fountain Hills, the Community encompasses 52,600 acres, with 19,000 held as a natural preserve.
The SRP-MIC Department of Health and Human Services has been operating since 2017 and behavioral health services began in 2013. The River People Health Center (RPHC) opened in March of 2022 and is a 200,000 square foot ambulatory health care facility serving all tribal enrollees. The Health Center provides quality health care that is comprehensive, compassionate and culturally respectful.
SRP-MIC has been named top 10 Healthiest Employers 10 year running by Phoenix Business Journal.
What the job looks like:
Work with a fantastic group of physicians, specialists and clinic staff in a beautiful setting with an organization that values you and a work life balance. Services at the health care facility include Primary Care (Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, Women’s Care and Walk-In Clinic), Laboratory, Pharmacy, Radiology, Public Health, Community Health Resource Nursing, Case Management, Pediatrics, Podiatry, Dentistry, Optometry, Physical Therapy, Nutrition, and Integrated Behavioral Health. Through your work as Specialty Service Line Chief you will engage in patient care in a new state of the art facility as well as oversee the clinical services in several specialty areas including Physical Therapy, Dental, Podiatry, Medical Specialists and Optometry
Work week averages out to 3 clinical days with 2 administrative days.
What you must have:
- Subscribe to, honor and respect the mission and values of the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community
- Excellent communication skills including active listening that promotes collaboration with patients and the healthcare team
- Desire to work with the growing Native American population in Maricopa County providing culturally sensitive care
- Practical work experience with Native Americans or Alaska Natives is preferred but not required
- M.D. or D.O. or DMD with Arizona license or able to obtain an Arizona license with no sanctions
- If an MD or DO, Board Certified of Board Eligible in area of specialty
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration
- CPR and ACLS
- Competitive Salary
- Diverse culture
- 14 paid holidays and your birthday
- 401K Retirement Plan with generous automatic employer contribution upon hire
- Medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account, life and disability benefits
- Employee wellness program allows you to earn credits toward cash or time off.
- Access to an on-site employee gym with locker rooms
- CME paid time and stipend
- License fees paid annually
- HRSA and Indian Health Service Loan Repayment eligible
- Eligible for Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
Prior to hire as an employee, applicants will be subject to drug and alcohol testing. Will be required to pass a pre-employment background/fingerprint check. Employees are subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
"SRPMIC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer" Preference will be given to a qualified Community Member, then a qualified Native American and then other qualified candidate.
In order to obtain consideration for Community member/Native American preference, applicant must submit a copy of Tribal Enrollment card or CIB which indicates enrollment in a Federally Recognized Native American Tribe by one of the following methods:
1) attach to application
2) fax (480) 362-5860
3) mail or hand deliver to Human Resources.
Documentation must be received by position closing date. The IHS/BIA Form-4432 is not accepted. Your Tribal ID/CIB must be submitted to HR-Recruitment-Two Waters.
For full Job Description please contact: Ki-Ana.Loring2@SRPMIC-nsn.gov
Apply for Specialty Services Line Chief
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert