- Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Closing date
- Mar 8, 2024
- Full Time
- Position Type
The Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, Section of Rheumatology is accepting CVs from academically oriented Rheumatologists interested in joining an exceptional team to care for diverse range of rheumatology patients in the city of Philadelphia.
In addition to a competitive salary, the position offers:
- a uniquely supportive practice environment, strengthened by Temple’s mission-driven culture to provide and promote equitable, world-class patient care, research, and medical education;
- individual career development;
- collegiality among faculty members and hospital leadership; and
- a comprehensive suite of benefits – including a generous 403b retirement match, health, dental, vision, life, malpractice, paid vacation, CME, a tuition remission program, disability at group rates, and more.
About Our Rheumatology Program:
- The Rheumatology Clinic cares for a diverse patient population with a wide range of rheumatic diseases, including large numbers of patients with lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.
- It provides specialized care in the form of: weekly dedicated Lupus Clinic; a biweekly CTD-associated Interstitial Lung Disease clinic; and monthly Lupus Nephritis Clinic, in collaboration with the Temple Lung Center and the Section of Nephrology respectively.
- At-home infusion capabilities as well as a centralized onsite Infusion Center facilitate administration of biological and other intravenous therapy, while also benefiting clinical research.
- In addition to above Programs, the Section’s Leadership is open to implement innovative ideas as suggested by new faculty.
Temple Health, one of Philadelphia's leading academic medical centers, is home to more than 1,000 physicians and scientists who share the mission of bringing innovative treatments to patients. Temple Health refers to the health, education and research activities carried out by the affiliates of Temple University Health System and by the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University (LKSOM). Temple University Health System (TUHS) is a $1.8+ billion academic health system dedicated to providing access to quality patient care and supporting excellence in medical education and research.
Click here for a quick introductory video about Temple. For a scrolling tour click here.
- MD, DO or foreign equivalent;
- Completion of an ACGME accredited residency in Internal Medicine, and an ACGME accredited fellowship in Rheumatology.
- Eligibility for medical licensure in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Must demonstrate sensitivity to the culture, needs, and aspirations of the diverse community we serve.
- Candidates currently completing their last year of Rheumatology fellowship are welcome to apply.
Procedure for Candidacy
To be considered for this position applicants must complete the online application at: https://bit.ly/3PbxPeh
Please note that your application will not be considered complete until you have submitted all the required documents and information.
All documents must be in PDF format, including: CV with contact information; a letter of interest stating your area of expertise and qualifications, and a synopsis of accomplishments and professional goals, with research and/or teaching interests as applicable. A statement describing participation in activities that promote diversity and inclusion, and/or plans for future contributions is strongly encouraged.
Please address your application to: Lawrence Brent, MD, Professor of Medicine, Interim Section Chief of Rheumatology, C/O Jessica Vega, Senior Physician/Faculty Recruiter, Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
We are especially interested in qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and under-represented groups. For more information about our commitment to diversity at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine, please visit https://medicine.temple.edu/about/administrative-offices/office-health-equity-diversity-inclusion
COVID-19 vaccinations are required for employment at Temple University, unless granted a religious or medical exemption (see www.temple.edu/coronavirus)
Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Apply for Rheumatologists
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert