Physician-General Surgery - Breast Surgery
The Department of Surgery at Banner University Medicine Tucson is actively seeking an academic Breast Surgeon at the Assistant or Associate Professor level to join our NAPBC accredited multidisciplinary breast team at the University of Arizona Cancer Center.
Our cancer center is the only NCI Comprehensive Cancer Center headquartered in Arizona. We provide comprehensive, multidisciplinary breast care to a diverse population in Tucson and Southern Arizona. Our multidisciplinary team includes breast surgeons, reconstructive surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, and pathologists. In addition, our ancillary support staff include a breast surgery PA, breast nurse navigator, breast surgery nurse coordinators, social work, nutritionist, integrative medicine specialists and certified genetic counselors. We have a robust breast clinical trials program and recently established the Ginny Clements Breast Cancer Research Institute. Our physicians are actively involved in teaching and educating the next generation of physician and surgeons by working closely with University of Arizona medical students and general surgery residents.
This is an exceptional opportunity to take part in building and shaping the future of an academic breast surgery program with the support of a highly acclaimed medical center and cancer center that has grown significantly in the last few years. The qualified candidate will receive an academic appointment that is consistent with their credentials.
- Responsibilities include outpatient clinic, breast surgery, shared breast-only call
- Teaching and mentoring of medical students and residents
- Academic research time provided DOE
- 1.0 clinical FTE
- BE/BC by the American Board of Surgery
- Fellowship-Trained in Breast Surgery or Surgical Oncology, or equivalent experience
- Prefer breast surgeon with 4+ years of experience but will consider less for the right candidate
Banner University Medical Group offers a generous salary and recruitment incentives, along with an industry-leading benefits package:
- Competitive salary with incentives and paid time off
- Sign-on and relocation bonus
- Comprehensive benefits such as legal, medical, dental, vision, retirement, pharmacy, and more
- Qualified tuition reduction at in-state institutions
- Paid malpractice
- Paid CME
- Eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Opportunities for career advancement/leadership development
- University of Arizona Cancer Center – North Campus Clinics, 3838 N. Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ
- University of Arizona Cancer Center – Orange Grove Clinics, 1891 W. Orange Grove Rd, Tucson, AZ
- Banner University Medical Center Tucson, 1625 N. Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ
Tucson, Arizona is a wholesome mid-sized city with desert blooms & reinvigorating sunshine all year-round. The city offers an attractive cost of living while displaying moderate weather to enjoy a host of professional opportunities, cultural amenities, award-winning culinary scene, and recreational activities such as:
- Majestic mountains in every direction and breathtaking sunsets
- K-12 educational options and the academic excellence of the University of Arizona
- Endless sunshine with no humidity, fresh air, and easy access to the sand and surf of San Diego and Mexico
If interested, we encourage you to submit your CV for consideration; or directly apply at PracticeWithUs.BannerHealth.com for LIVE application tracking. Thank you!
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA – M/W/D/V Employer. The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the health care field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
Facility & Location InformationBanner - University of Arizona Cancer Center
3838 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85719 Physician-General Surgery - Breast Surgery
Apply for Physician-General Surgery - Breast Surgery
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert