Department Chair, Rehabilitation Medicine
- Physician Affiliate Group of New York
- New York, New York
- Closing date
- Mar 7, 2024
- Physical Medicine / Rehabilitation
- Full Time
- Position Type
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
We are currently recruiting a Department Chair of Rehab Medicine - this role will be based at NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan. In addition this Chair role supports the mission of NYMC to educate and train the next generation of physicians through its medical student programs and a fully accredited ACGME residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation located at Metropolitan Hospital.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan, located on First Avenue & 97th Street in Manhattan, accommodates over 313,000 outpatient visits, nearly 70,000 emergency room visits and more than 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with New York Medical College.
- Lead the development and enhancement of departmental clinical, educational, and research activities, in accordance with the facility s mission and vision.
- Supervise all professional activities and clinical staff within the Department and within subspecialty divisions of the Department. Management of staff including recruitment and retention, appointing departmental members to committees, establishing and coordinating faculty and staff development, periodically evaluating faculty and staff.
- Manage all faculty appointments, reappointments, and promotions according to Hospital Medical Staff By-Laws.
- Enforce professional performance of all practitioners with clinical privileges in the Department.
- Collaborate with appropriate administrative and nursing leadership to build a team-based clinical environment.
- Develop policies, procedures and practices for the Department that ensure the provision of high quality and cost-effective patient care.
- Identify performance benchmarks in order to establish, monitor and improve the standards of care and provider productivity.
Generous PAGNY compensation package including a salary range of 248-258K plus an academic stipend of 135-145K
- M.D., M.D./Ph.D., or D.O. required
- Eligible for New York Medical College (NYMC) SOM faculty appointment at senior rank (associate professor or professor), tenure-track
Licenses or certifications:
- New York State licensure or eligibility
- Board-certification or -eligibility in area of specialization
- Medical staff credentialling eligibility in area of specialization at clinical affiliate site(s)
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
Please note proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Department Chair, Rehabilitation Medicine
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert