Child Abuse Pediatrician - Atrium Health Levine Children's Child Protection Team
- Atrium Health
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Closing date
- Mar 6, 2024
- Full Time
- Position Type
Atrium Health Levine Children’s Child Protection Team is seeking a dynamic BC/BE Child Abuse Pediatrician to complement their team. The physician will serve as a key member of a comprehensive multidisciplinary team, conducting assessments of physical abuse, sexual abuse, and neglect cases. They will provide services at Atrium Health Levine Children’s Hospital in Charlotte, NC and its outpatient Child Advocacy Centers, primarily Turning Point’s Tree House Children’s Advocacy Center in Monroe, NC.
- Team consists of 2 full-time and 2 part time Child Abuse Pediatricians as well as 2 full time, and 3 PRN Advance Practice Providers (APPs) between the regional CACs, plus excellent clinical support staff
- Physician will provide inpatient and ambulatory clinical care in subspecialty area with the evaluation and management of infants and children for suspected child abuse and neglect
- Affiliation with four Child Advocacy Centers (CACs) within the region: The Pediatric Resource Center at Pat’s Place (Mecklenburg County), Atrium Health Levine Children’s Jeff Gordon Children’s Center CAC (Cabarrus County), Butterfly House Children’s Advocacy Center (Stanly, Anson, Montgomery, Scotland, and Richmond Counties), and Turning Point's Tree House Children's Advocacy Center (Union County).
- Opportunity for research and continued program development
- Multidisciplinary Teams includes members of law enforcement, the Department of Social Services, local mental health providers, the District Attorney’s office, and the CAC’s Directors, forensic Interviewers and Victim Advocates/Social Workers, and Community Educators.
- Teaching opportunities as Atrium Health Levine Children’s Hospital is teaching hospital with 36 General Pediatric Residents
- Hospital-employed position offering comprehensive benefits package with exceptional retirement benefits
Atrium Health Levine Children’s Hospital (LCH) has 4 pediatric hospitalist teams, a 20-bed PICU (including cardiac ICU), an 85-bed NICU, and an inpatient pediatric rehabilitation facility. LCH hosts a premier Pediatrics Residency Program, serves as a teaching hospital for students of the Wake Forest University School of Medicine, and offers excellent support for clinical research and quality improvement. Additionally, Atrium Health and Wake Forest Baptist Health, including Wake Forest School of Medicine, officially joined together as a single enterprise, Atrium Health. Wake Forest Baptist Health and Wake Forest School of Medicine will become the academic core of Atrium Health, building a second campus of the school of medicine in Charlotte, expected to open in 2024. The growth of the school of medicine will expand existing academic research capabilities in a way that expands opportunities for clinical trials across a large, diverse market with some of the nation’s leading medical experts. LCH has repeatedly been ranked amount he Best Children’s Hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, most recently in eight pediatric specialties for 2021-2022.
Learn more about the opportunity and apply by visiting careers.atriumhealth.org
Apply for Child Abuse Pediatrician - Atrium Health Levine Children's Child Protection Team
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert