Medical Director of CSB
- Fairfax County Government
- Fairfax, Virginia
- Closing date
- Mar 6, 2024
- Full Time
- Position Type
The Fairfax-Falls Church CSB is recruiting for an experienced psychiatrist to be the Medical Director. Position requires strong leadership qualities to oversee Medical Services within a progressive, comprehensive, recovery-oriented community-based behavioral health care system. The Medical Director will be an integral part of the Executive Leadership Team and will report directly to the Executive Director.
The CSB is a large public behavioral health care system that serves all of Fairfax County in Northern Virginia. We serve approximately 26,000 clients per year. The CSB provides a comprehensive array of services for children and adults with SPMI/SED, and/or Substance Use Disorders and/or Developmental Disabilities. These services include:
- 24-hour residential crises stabilization
- 24-hours, 7 days per week on-site emergency services
- Outpatient, intensive outpatient, and case management
- Residential and outpatient medical detox
- MAT in residential and outpatient
- ACT/intensive case management/homeless outreach
- Short- and long-term residential treatment for co-occurring disorders
- Jail diversion
The CSB has 1200+ employees which includes a large medical staff with psychiatrists, primary care providers, nurses (LPN, RN CNS, NP), and physician assistants.
The Medical Director will provide overall management and leadership of all Medical Services which includes:
- recruitment, hiring, retention of all MD/NPs/PAs
- practice standards, peer reviews, polices/procedures
- management of Medical Services budget
- allocation of medical staff to all clinical programs
- member of Executive Leadership Team
- supervision of Addiction Medicine Medical Director
- supervision of Director of Nursing and Primary Care Integration
- supervision of Nurse Quality Improvement Manager who oversees many functions including infectious diseases, public health and is the liaison with local Health Department
- management of pharmacy services and budget
- technology integration as it relates to Medical Services to include EMR, ePrescribing, interfaces to facilitate ordering/reviewing lab tests
- provide enough direct psychiatric services to keep informed of new treatments and to understand the clinical practice environment as viewed by medical and clinical staff.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of:
- laws, statutes and regulations governing health care delivery in Virginia
- principle and practices of modern medicine
- quality assurance as it applies to medical services
- sound budget principles
- principles of supervision
- clinical advances and evidence-based practices for delivery of psychiatric and addiction medicine services
- community/public psychiatry
The successful candidate will have the skills/ability to:
- organize, direct and administer medical components of different programs
- communicate with others at all levels of the agency
- interface with other County agencies, and local health care delivery systems
- evaluate, monitor and advise MD/NP/PAs in job performance standards
- provide written and oral communication in various forms such as reports, memos and presentations
- develop policies, procedures and protocols for all medical services
- use computer, and basic software such as Word, Excel, Power Point
Location: Primary location for this position will be Sharon Bulova Community Health Center (formally Merrifield Center) 8221 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Fairfax.
Note: To learn more about CSB, watch our video "CSB Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Providing Care."
Graduation from a medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education, and successful completion of an accredited psychiatric residency program; plus three years of post-residency experience providing psychiatric services and two years of administrative/management experience in a community mental health or behavioral health system or psychiatric inpatient unit.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
- Unrestricted current license to practice medicine. Medical license is required to be in the Commonwealth of Virginia by the appointment date;
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Psychiatry by American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology;
- Current Drug Enforcement Registration.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check, a Child Protective Services Registry check, and sanction screening to the satisfaction of the employer. A TB screening upon hire and annually thereafter. Screening of National Practitioners Data Bank.
This position is emergency/essential services personnel. (Required to report for duty during inclement weather and/or other emergencies.)
All newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (two weeks after the last required dose) as a condition of employment or obtain approval of a medical or religious exemption prior to their start date. Proof of an exemption or vaccination status will be required during the pre-employment onboarding process. New employees who obtain an exemption from the vaccine mandate for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs may be subject to a weekly testing requirement. Vaccinated employees and employees with a medical or religious exemption will complete the attestation online on their first day of employment or shortly thereafter.
- Experience managing and overseeing a complex budget.
- Experience providing psychiatric services.
- Management experience in a behavioral health system, community mental health center, or psychiatric inpatient unit.
- Currently board certified in Addiction Medicine/ASAM.
Ability to climb stairs, lift up to 20 lbs., read, write, type, and use computer. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel Interview and may include a practical exercise.
The population of Fairfax County is very diverse where 39.8% of residents speak a language other than English at home (Spanish, Asian/Pacific Islander, Indo-European, and others) and we encourage candidates bilingual in English and a foreign language to apply to this opportunity.
This job announcement is listed with a closing date of 3/24/23 and interested applicants are advised to submit their applications as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted on a regular basis throughout the recruitment with candidates whose qualifications best fit our needs. If your application is received later in the recruitment process, it may not be reviewed or considered. The application process may close prior to the currently advertised closing date when the position has been filled.
Apply for Medical Director of CSB
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert