- Pomerene Hospital & Medical Group
- Millersburg, Ohio
- Closing date
- Mar 6, 2024
- Full Time
- Position Type
Award winning community hospital is looking to fill a full-time OBGYN position in Millersburg, Ohio. Practice the full-scope of your skills and training in a supportive and team-oriented organization. This role will work collaboratively with other Physicians, and mid-level providers. Pomerene’s Women’s Health serves women of all ages in the greater Holmes County and surrounding areas. Healthcare organizations around the country strive to provide the best possible service and high-quality healthcare. Pomerene is one of those hospitals. We take ownership by living out our mission, vision and values in every task, every encounter, every day. You will not have to look far to find compassionate, kind and sincere care that you and your patients will remember for a lifetime.
Here are a few points about our position:
- Flexible on-call scheduling with colleagues
- 55-total bed hospital with 11 beds on OB unit including 4 antepartum rooms, 7 L&D rooms and an OR. Level 1 Nursery.
- Average annual deliveries: 600+
- All private single rooms
- Operating Room block time balanced with clinic schedule. Clinic is 5 minutes from hospital.
- Sub-specialty services available such as General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, ENT, Neurology, Rehabilitation, Pain Management, and others within the organization and Medical Group. Maternal Fetal Medicine physicians’ relationship available with regional hospitals.
- Competitive compensation package and additional incentive opportunities. Full range of benefits including health insurance, great retirement, short term & long term disability, PTO, relocation stipend, student loan repayment assistance, housing opportunity.
- Recent Hospital Awards: Top 100 Community Hospital (2022 and 2023), Top 20 Community Hospital (2023), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Five Star Ranking, 17 time award winner of North Coast 99 best places to work, CIHQ Acute Stroke Ready Hospital, American Heart Association Mission: Lifeline Silver Plus Referring Achievement Award, and Ohio First Steps 4 Star Award,
- This position requires excellent communication skills with patients, families, colleagues, staff and PCPs locally and beyond
- Friendly and collegial working environments with an emphasis on providing care that is local and high-quality.
- J1 and H1B Visas Welcome
Pomerene, the sole hospital in the county, is home to more than 350 employees, numerous volunteers and more than 95 active providers on Medical Staff. After several major renovations and expansion projects, the hospital has three floors and more than thirty departments and its own Medical Group. Pomerene is one of the largest employers in Holmes County and serves the greater Holmes County area including patients residing in contiguous counties.
The county population of approximately 45,000 includes about 22,000 Amish. Millersburg is centrally located between Cleveland, Columbus and Akron, making it an easy trip to more urban areas for an evening or weekend get-away. Cleveland, Columbus and Akron/Canton airports are all reasonable to travel to for your jet-setting adventures.
Pomerene Hospital is located in the heart of Ohio’s Amish Country. Amish patients make up nearly 50% of our customers, and we see more Amish patients than any other hospital in the world. With our unique customer focus, we provide a three-bedroom furnished “Amish House” on our premises. Amish families who come from across the United States to seek medical treatment or who may have an early morning surgical procedure may stay at the “Amish House” to be near their loved ones. We provide local transportation services for those patients who may have difficulty with securing transportation. In addition, Pomerene provides access to and support from our own Amish Advocate and Amish Patient Navigator to facilitate a great patient experience, as well as address any needs from our patients. As an organization, we take pride in our culture and provide every employee with cultural training so that great care is given to every patient, every time.
The county's two school districts in the county that enroll about 4,600 students in two high schools, two middle schools, and 14 elementary schools. Special learning needs are met at the Holmes County Training Center. There also are about 95 Amish parochial schools.
Soak in the scenery, enjoy the relaxing pace, drive down the roads and lanes of yesteryear, where every major road is a designated scenic byway. There are no interstate freeways in the county - yet millions of visitors find their way here annually to explore and experience the epic beauty of the area. Holmes County has been named National Geographic's top places to view the autumn leaves in the world. It is one of the more prosperous and yet distinctly rural counties in Ohio. There is constant growth, but the beautiful countryside remains pleasantly unspoiled.
The region has excellent year-round outdoor recreation available, including excellent golf, water-sports, hunting, fishing, camping and hiking. It offers a wealth of cultural offerings and activities nearby, including several museums, the Holmes Center for the Arts, fine dining, music and sporting events.
Apply for OB/GYN Physician
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert