- South County Health
- South Kingstown, Rhode Island
- Closing date
- Mar 6, 2024
- Full Time
- Position Type
South County Health (SCH) is currently seeking a BC/BE Radiation Oncologist to lead South County Radiation Therapy (SCHRT).
South County Health is made up of a 100 bed independent community hospital located in beautiful coastal Rhode Island with 6 ambulatory locations throughout the State. In joining us, the successful candidate will become a member of the South County Medical Group (SCMG), a comprehensive network of more than 70 expert specialists and primary care healthcare providers offering a continuum of care for patients.
SCHRT is a state of the art, single accelerator facility. While it is a hospital based practice, it is housed independently in a private building on the SCH campus in Wakefield, RI. SCH made a significant investment to upgrade the linac and CT sim in the spring of 2022. This investment allowed the nationally accredited SCH Cancer program the ability to offer patients radiation therapy treatment, in addition to our robust medical oncology and infusion offerings. The incoming Radiation Oncologist will benefit from the support of our well trained Radiation Therapists, remote Dosimetrists and onsite Physicist, all working together to carry out the SCH mission of being the most trusted health partner.
South County Health, a CoC accredited cancer center, was awarded the Commission on Cancer Outstanding Achievement Award in 2017. We have invested heavily in our cancer program recruiting 3 new medical oncologists, a new breast surgeon and 5 new urologists to help support our program.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible Physician
- Five or more years of relevant experience preferred
- Eligible to apply for and obtain license to practice medicine in Rhode Island
- Achievement of medical staff privileges at SCH prior to start date
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Desire to lead and grow program
- Attendance at weekly tumor boards and quarterly Cancer Committee meetings
- Monday through Friday work schedule; 8 am – 5 pm
- Approximately 25-30 patients per day currently on treatment
- Robust benefits package available
- CME Allowance
- Peer review process already in place
All inquiries will remain confidential. South County Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
To learn more about South County Hospital visit www.southcountyhealth.org
To learn more about South County Rhode Island visit www.southcountyri.com
Apply for Radiation Oncologist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert