- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences /Arkansas Children’s Hospital
- Springdale, Arkansas
- Closing date
- Mar 6, 2024
- Full Time
- Position Type
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences /Arkansas Children’s Hospital
Pediatric Endocrinology w/ Award Winning Children’s Hospital
On behalf of Jon Oden, MD, Section Chief of Pediatric Endocrinology at Arkansas Children’s Hospital (ACH), CareerPhysician, the leader in academic pediatric search, is pleased to inform you of the national search for a pediatric endocrinologist to join ACH’s Northwest campus in Springdale, AR. The new physician will join Juan Mieja-Otero, MD, in providing outpatient care to the fastest growing region in the state.
- Join an established children’s hospital with well supported and an approved plan to add two pediatric endocrinologists to join one already established physician in support of Arkansas Children’s thriving campus and service in Springdale, AR. The region is experiencing a boom in population, with a growth rate of approximately 30 percent over the past 10 years and a current population exceeding 525,000 - 27 percent of which are under the age of 18.
- The joining provider will be afforded tremendous autonomy in creating a clinic and procedure schedule that best suits the needs of the practice and patients while also accounting for the quality of life of the physician, including an amended clinic schedule and very light call expectation.
- ACNW in Springdale is currently supported by ACH physicians in Little Rock to provide call support and outreach care monthly. The Northwest campus currently has a 6 month wait for new endocrinology patients with the opportunity to continue to expand on market share in the region to accommodate local patients who are currently traveling to Kansas City and Oklahoma City when local care in not available.
- The endocrinology clinic in Northwest Arkansas currently provides four patient rooms with plans for expansion to accommodate the service. Pediatric endocrinologists benefit from strong ancillary support, including dietary and nutrition, psychology, endocrine trained registered nurses and medical assistants. On average, endocrinologists see 16 patients in a full day and provide 3 weeks of call coverage each year.
- UAMS and Arkansas Children’s is the state’s only academic teaching hospital. The division of Pediatric Endocrinology is home to 7 faculty committed to the mission of expanding clinical access for children and families, educating future physicians at a high level and driving clinical, translational, and bench research to further the quality of care for children.
- Arkansas Children’s remains committed to a highly competitive compensation structure that aligns with private practice with comparable clinical scope. The recruitment package will also be eligible for a $25,000 sign-on bonus, relocation assistance, student loan forgiveness, bonus, and a stipend for fellows. J-1 and H-1 visa support is provided to qualified applicants.
- Northwest Arkansas is a hidden gem that offers an abundance of outdoor activities provided by the majestic Ozark mountains, local rivers, and lakes. Springdale residents enjoy a growing culinary scene and abundance of beauty and aesthetic provided by the terrain in this portion of the “natural state.” In addition, this community provides immediate access to SEC athletics and education, and the amenities of a cosmopolitan community without sacrificing the charm, spacious living, and safety afforded in this family centric suburban area.
For more details about this opportunity, or if you would like to recommend an individual(s) who exemplifies the qualities we are seeking in a candidate, please contact Mark Lozano at email@example.com, or at 469-553-9311. All interactions will remain confidential, and no inquiries will be made without the consent of the applicant. UAMS and Arkansas Children’s Hospital is an AA/EOE/ADA employer committed to excellence through diversity.
Apply for Pediatric Endocrinology
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert