Director of Clinical Education (Aso Executive Director Lv 7), Correctional Health Services
- NYC Health + Hospitals / Correctional Health Services
- New York City, New York (US)
- $209,476 per year + benefits
- Closing date
- Apr 6, 2023
- Full Time
- Position Type
- Permanent, Chair/Chief/Medical Director
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest municipal health care system in the nation. We are a network of 11 hospitals, trauma centers, neighborhood health centers, nursing homes, and post-acute care centers. We are a home care agency and a health plan, MetroPlus. Our health system provides essential services to 1.4 million New Yorkers every year in more than 70 locations across the city's five boroughs. Our diverse workforce of more than 42,000 employees are uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible. Visit us at https://www.nychealthandhospitals.org and stay connected on https://www.facebook.com/NYCHealthSystem nycHHC or Twitter@hhcnyc.
NYC Health + Hospitals is also home to Correctional Health Services, one of the nation’s leading correctional health care systems in quality of, and innovations and access to care. In-jail services include medical, mental health, nursing, substance use treatment, social work, dental and vision care, discharge planning, and reentry support. In addition to providing direct patient care in the jails, CHS conducts enhanced pre-arraignment screening and forensic psychiatric examinations; and leverages the resources of the Health + Hospitals system to help discharged patients successfully return to their communities. CHS is also a pivotal partner in New York City’s criminal justice reform efforts. Our workforce is comprised of more than 1,500 dedicated professionals, with locations in all five boroughs and on Rikers Island.
At NYC Health + Hospitals, our mission is to deliver high quality care health services, without exception. Every employee takes a person-centered approach that exemplifies the ICARE values (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence) through empathic communication and partnerships between all persons.
Purpose of Position:
Under direction of the Chief of Service, Medicine, the Director of Clinical Education exercises wide latitude of independent judgment and initiative in improving the quality and evidence-based foundation of clinical care for the medicine service.
Examples of Typical Tasks:
- Performs clinical work with an eye toward understanding the particular demands of care delivery in the correctional health practice environment, precepting trainees and identifying areas for clinical quality improvement and education efforts
- Participates in the planning, development and promulgation of programs, policies and procedures.
- Applies evaluation and monitoring techniques designed to implement the policies and achieve the goals established by CHS and NYC H+H leadership.
- Develops and implements clinical training responsive to the needs of the CHS medicine service
- Develops curricula in correctional health for clinical staff and trainees rotating through correctional health
- Supports Correctional Health Clinician Educators and helps coordinate their protected time for quality improvement, population health and education efforts
- Supervises the implementation of CHS programs and policies concerning health care facility operations and assists in coordinating activities between facility staff and Corporate officers and Department of Correction partners.
- May direct a compliance program for the health care facility in meeting standards established by inspecting and accreditation agencies involving delivery of health care services.
- Assists with formulation and implementation of clinical policies and workflows consistent with current evidence-based clinical practice.
- Represents the Medicine Service in Quality Improvement efforts in conjunction with Site Medical Directors and front line clinical staff.
- Support Site Medical Directors in clinical performance evaluation. Reviews clinical staff performance and, where necessary, assists Site Medical Directors with progressive discipline.
- Schedules and conducts and/or participates in regular interdepartmental and departmental meetings. May designate departmental representatives for medical staff and multi-disciplinary committees to facilitate effective communication lines within the healthcare system.
- Registration to practice medicine in New York State
- Teaching and/or research experience in an academic setting such as service as a clinician educator in an academic center, fellowship or chief residency in such a program
- Demonstrated career Interest in teaching and clinical and or epidemiologic research
- Recent presentation at academic conferences or peer reviewed publications
- One or more years experience with managing trainees, health educators or practicing physicians
- ACLS Certification (training available) and Infection Control Certification
- Current Federal DEA License
- Board Certification or eligibility in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- A satisfactory equivalent combination of education, experience and training; and,
- Extensive working knowledge of hospital administration, medical procedures, laws and regulations pertaining to hospital operations with special reference to accreditation procedures.
Direct Line of Promotion:
None. This is in the managerial class of positions.
1. A Masters Degree with a specialization in Hospital Administration, Health Care Administration, Administrative Medicine or in Public Health when conferred for a program in Hospital Administration from an accredited college or university; and,
2. Six years of high-level responsible experience in Hospital Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration or an equivalent field, or as an Assistant to a Hospital Administrator in a position of direct responsibility for operations of a major part or all of a hospital, including substantial exposure in meeting community health needs; or,
3. An equivalent combination of training, education and experience in related fields and educational disciplines; and,
4. Thorough knowledge of the fundamentals of hospital organization, administration and standards, regulations and laws applicable to hospital operations, knowledge of business and human resources administration principles, management functions, management processes and functions of hospital departments, and ability to direct and supervise personnel.
Please be advised that proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire.
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button or mail your resume, noting the above Job ID #, to:
NYC Health + Hospitals / Correctional Health Services
Talent Acquisition Human Resources Department
55 Water Street, 18th Floor
New York, NY 10041
Attn: Talent Acquisition
If applying online, please include your cover letter in the same file attachment with your uploaded resume.
NYC Health and Hospitals offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Comprehensive Health Benefits for employees hired to work 20+ hrs. per week
- Retirement Savings and Pension Plans
- Loan Forgiveness Programs for eligible employees
- Paid Holidays and Vacation in accordance with employees' Collectively bargained contracts
- College tuition discounts and professional development opportunities
- Multiple employee discounts programs
Apply for Director of Clinical Education (Aso Executive Director Lv 7), Correctional Health Services
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert