Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center, the Division of Surgical Oncology / Section of Gynecologic Oncology is actively recruiting a Gynecologic Oncologist to join our team at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. This is a unique opportunity to join a national leader in multidisciplinary cancer care, education, and discovery. Qualified candidates are board-certified/board eligible and have training/experience.
Successful hire will have the opportunity to apply for an adjunct academic appointment from the University of Texas-MD Anderson Cancer Center. The hire will also be encouraged to apply to be an assistant, associate, or full professor (depends on the qualification) at the University of Arizona / department of OBGYN.
Banner Health, the largest healthcare system and employer in Arizona, is ranked in the top 10 healthcare systems nationwide. As a partner member of the MD Anderson Cancer Network®, our cancer program is a fully integrated, clinical extension of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and brings an unprecedented level of cancer care to the greater Phoenix area. We share a commitment to evidence-based, multidisciplinary, and individualized patient care.
The University of Arizona, the department of OBGYN is the largest residency program and the phoenix area. There are 9 OBGYN residents a year as well as MIG (minimally invasive gynecology) fellowship.
The Division of Surgery is a comprehensive team of experts that includes all subspecialties of surgical oncology. The Gynecologic Oncologist program is a multi-campus program across the metroplex.
Joining our program affords an opportunity to enjoy:
- Team approach to care with focused disease-specific expertise in the medical, radiation and surgical management of the cancer patient
- Evidence-based, multidisciplinary approach to patient care (including breast Cancer Center, genetic counseling, reconstructive, colorectal, surgical oncology, and urogynecology surgeons)
- Weekly GYN ONC tumor board conference
- Participate in the academic mission for the OB GYN residency at the University of Arizona as well as the minimally invasive gynecology fellowship.
- The academic participation will be in the form of GYN ONC lectures, involvement in research and educational committees, as well as journal club for the residents.
- Through our multidisciplinary cancer teams, there is an opportunity for leading or participating in clinical trials and new investigative therapies.
- Potential Associate Director of MDP (Multi-disciplinary program) for GYN ONC research.
- State-of-the-art technology for the diagnosis, staging, and treatment of all types of cancer (Three robotic systems available)
- Oncology expertise in supportive care services, including fellowship trained gynecologic oncology pathology and gynecologic radiation oncology, genetic counselors, social worker dedicated pharmacist for chemotherapy
- Competitive compensation and benefits commensurate with training and experience
We are seeking applicants with:
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Gynecologic Oncology
- Excellent clinical training and interest in clinical research preferred
- Ability and desire to support a growing team and align with the needs of the program
SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability or veteran status except where such distinction is required by law. All positions at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center are security sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information. Smoke-free and drug-free environment. Not a J1 opportunity.
Facility & Location InformationBanner MD Anderson Cancer Center
Phoenix Metro, Gilbert, AZ 85234 Physician-Gynecology - Oncology