Physician - Academics-Gynecology - Oncology
- Banner Health
- Gilbert, Arizona
- Closing date
- Mar 5, 2024
- Full Time
- Position Type
Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix
Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center, the Division of Surgical Oncology / Section of Gynecologic Oncology is actively recruiting a Gynecologic Oncologist to join our team at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. This is a unique opportunity to join a national leader in multidisciplinary cancer care, education, and discovery. Qualified candidates are board-certified/board eligible and have training/experience.
The Hire will also be an assistant, associate, or full professor (depends on the qualification) at the University of Arizona / department of OBGYN.
Banner Health, the largest healthcare system, and employer in Arizona, is ranked in the top 10 healthcare systems nationwide. As a partner member of the MD Anderson Cancer Network®, our cancer program is a fully integrated, clinical extension of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and brings an unprecedented level of cancer care to the greater Phoenix area. We share a commitment to evidence-based, multidisciplinary, and individualized patient care.
The University of Arizona, the department of OBGYN is the largest residency program in the Phoenix area. There are 6 OBGYN residents a year as well as MIG (minimally invasive gynecology) fellowship.
The Division of Surgery is a comprehensive team of experts that includes all subspecialties of surgical oncology. The Gynecologic Oncologist program is a multi-campus program across the metroplex.
Joining our program affords an opportunity to enjoy:
· Team approach to care with focused disease-specific expertise in the medical, radiation and
surgical management of the cancer patient
· Evidence-based, multidisciplinary approach to patient care (including breast Cancer Center, genetic counseling, reconstructive, colorectal, surgical oncology, and urogynecology surgeons)
- Weekly gynecologic oncology tumor board conference
- Participate in the academic mission for the OB GYN residency at the University of Arizona as well as the minimally invasive gynecology fellowship.
- The academic participation will be in the form of gynecologic oncology lectures, being involved in the research committee, educational committee, as well as the journal club for the residents.
· Through our multidisciplinary cancer teams, there I an opportunity for leading or participating in clinical trials and new investigative therapies. There is possibility of being the associate director of MDP (Multi-disciplinary program) for Gynecologic Oncology research.
· State-of-the-art technology for the diagnosis, staging, and treatment of all types of cancer (Three robotic systems available)
· Oncology expertise in supportive care services, including fellowship trained gynecologic oncology pathology and gynecologic radiation oncology, genetic counselors, social worker dedicated pharmacist for chemotherapy
· Competitive compensation and benefits commensurate with training and experience
· Opportunity for an adjunct faculty position at UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
We are seeking applicants with:
· Board Certified/Board Eligible in Gynecologic Oncology
· Excellent clinical training and interest in clinical research preferred
· Ability and desire to support a growing team and align with the needs of the program
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the health care field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability or veteran status except where such distinction is required by law. All positions at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center are security sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information. Smoke-free and drug-free environment. Not a J1 opportunity.
Facility & Location InformationBanner MD Anderson Cancer Center
Phoenix Metro, Gilbert, AZ 85234 Physician - Academics-Gynecology - Oncology
Apply for Physician - Academics-Gynecology - Oncology
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert