Caring for Seniors in South Texas
- WellMed Medical Management Inc., part of OptumCare
- Harlingen, Texas
- Closing date
- Mar 5, 2024
- Internal Medicine
- Full Time
- Position Type
At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
A partner of the Optum network, WellMed Medical Group, is seeking internal medicine and family medicine physicians to join one of our established clinics in the Rio Grande Valley. We are expanding and growing our clinics in Harlingen, Brownsville, McAllen, Weslaco, Edinburg and surrounding towns.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of heath care providers
- Primary Care Clinic, Adult Only
- Patient panel is predominately geriatrics with Medicare Advantage coverage
- WellMed is a Medicare Advantage Plan that operates as a health system focused on Quality/Value Based Outcomes
- Low Patient Volume!
- Physician will typically see less than 16 patients per day
- Admin time is built into the daily schedule
- Support at this clinic is robust, offering 5 support staff per provider
- Dedicated MA to each physician
- Option to teach Residents (in select markets)
Work Life Balance:
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- Schedule is Monday - Friday 8-5,
- No weekends
- Call is minimal, shared with large pod and is PHONE only
- Physician Mentorship Pathway for Growth and Development
- Paid Time Off + 8 Paid Holidays annually
- OptumCare Physician Partnership Plan
- Annual Quality Bonus, paid twice a year
- Allowance for Professional Expense Fund
- CME Allowance with additional PTO days
- Clinician Well Being Resource Program
- 401k with match, Executive Savings Plan, and UHG Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Comprehensive Benefits from Optum Partner Services
- No State Income Tax in Texas
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency is a Plus
- Board Certification or Eligibility in Family Practice or Internal Medicine
- Possess a working understanding and support of a managed care environment
- Active Texas state medical license, or the ability to obtain
- Lower Living Costs
- Warm Weather Year-Round
- Higher Education and Schools
- Coastal Texas, known for best beach vacation destination of beautiful South Padre Island
- As a subregion of the Gulf Coastal Plains, this area offers a subtropical climate with sunshine and warm weather.
- The Rio Grande Valley, known to locals as “the Valley” is found at the southern tip of Texas, along the Rio Grande River and Gulf of Mexico.
- Experience various geographies ranging from beaches, tropical paradise full of palm trees, to farmlands and wildlife preserves.
- South Texas is one of the most affordable places to live while maintaining a high standard of living.
- You get the perfect blend of a big city and a small town feeling.
- The Valley is full of culture, history, hospitality and a place that offer a warm welcome.
- 3 International Airports in the area
- Rio Grande Valley (RGV) Space X program
- Semi tropical paradise
- Fastest growing scenic cultural place
WellMed, Part of Optum, is expanding our clinics throughout Texas! Ask about opportunities throughout the state!
Apply for Caring for Seniors in South Texas
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert