Otolaryngology Rhinology and Advanced Endoscopic Sinus and Anterior Skull Base Surgery, Faculty ...
- UTMB Health
- Galveston, Texas
- Closing date
- Mar 5, 2024
- Full Time
- Position Type
Otolaryngology Rhinology and Advanced Endoscopic Sinus and Anterior Skull Base Surgery, Faculty Opportunity
University of Texas Medical Branch – Galveston, Texas
University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB Health) – Galveston, Texas
UTMB Health is a $2.2 billion health science center comprised of five hospitals, an extensive network of outpatient clinics, and Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Health Professions, Public and Population Health, as well as a Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, three institutes and over 10 exceptional research centers. UTMB has a long and remarkable history of advancing health sciences education, research, and patient care. It was the first academic health center in Texas and is home to the state’s first schools of medicine, nursing, and allied health sciences. UTMB is also home to the Galveston National Laboratory, one of only two laboratories conducting research on a university campus at the BSL-4 level in the U.S. Overall research funding has increased 20% over the past five years to $132 million and UTMB ranks 54th nationally in NIH funding among medical schools. UTMB also ranks as a five-star hospital by Vizient, for superior performance in providing high quality care. For more information, visit https://www.utmb.edu/
The UTMB Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery consists of a faculty of driven individuals, trained at leading centers throughout our country now exercising their expertise both on Galveston Island and the Mainland. We actively engage in medical student and resident education, cutting edge basic and clinical science research, and most importantly, exemplary individualized care for our patients. https://www.utmb.edu/oto/. The department is actively recruiting an enthusiastic Otolaryngology Rhinology candidate for immediate hire. The faculty of UTMB Department of Otolaryngology strive to provide the most contemporary, comprehensive, and multi-disciplinary care available to the community.
What UTMB has to offer potential candidates:
- A high quality academic and clinical program.
- Participation in medical student, resident, and fellow education and training.
- Research support for basic science, clinical outcomes, and clinical trial projects.
- Leadership and career advancement opportunities.
- Collaborative care with neurosurgery, dermatology and Mohs surgeons, plastic surgery, and oculoplastic surgery.
- Faculty appointment at the Assistant Professor level.
- Competitive salary with a generous bonus and benefits package.
- M.D. or D.O. degree.
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility in Otolaryngology.
- Completion of a Rhinology Fellowship.
- Experience in a wide spectrum of aesthetic and reconstructive facial plastic surgery is strongly desired.
- A strong commitment to patient care, medical student, and resident education.
- Participation in research and scholarly activities.
- U.S. Citizenship or Employment Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Ability to obtain an unrestricted state of Texas Medical License.
Income Package: Salary is commensurate with Academic rank, experience, and qualifications. In addition, UTMB offers a superior benefits package, an excellent retirement program, a relocation allowance as well as other potential incentives.
Living in South Houston and Galveston, Texas: Galveston Island is home to approximately 50,000 residents and is known for its 32 miles of Gulf Coast beaches, temperate climate, wide array of leisure and cultural activities, and affordable cost of living – all just south of Houston, the 4th largest city in the US. More information about UTMB and Galveston can be found on the UTMB Living Website: http://www.utmb.edu/utmbliving/
For more information, please submit an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter to,
Skott Harrington at: firstname.lastname@example.org
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Apply for Otolaryngology Rhinology and Advanced Endoscopic Sinus and Anterior Skull Base Surgery, Faculty ...
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert