- NYC Health + Hospitals / Correctional Health Services
- New York City, New York
- Closing date
- Apr 5, 2023
- Internal Medicine
- Full Time, Part Time, Per Diem
- Position Type
Physician Assistant (float)
Salary Range is based on years of experience in the licensure of Physician Assistant
$118,450.00 - $146,775.00
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is comprised of nearly 3,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City. EOE M/F/D/V
Besides providing administrative and human resources services, PAGNY also fosters an environment in its partner hospitals that allows healthcare professionals to identify and implement best practices across institutions; promote training, academic, and research opportunities; develop multidisciplinary integrated clinical service lines; build new systems of care; and address the impact of anticipated major changes in the nation's healthcare system.
With approximately 65,000 admissions per year and 10,000 average daily population, the NYC jail system is among the largest in the nation. The Division of Correctional Health Services (CHS) of New York City Health + Hospitals (H+H) is responsible for the delivery of medical care, mental health care, and discharge planning in the jail system. Approximately 25% of new admissions per year to the NYC jail system will receive care on the mental health service. This service strives to provide safe, holistic and evidence-based therapeutic interventions for the diverse range of mental health issues that face the population, from serious mental illness to the natural struggles that accompany incarceration. The service provides some of the most comprehensive and unique treatment modalities in the country, including specialty housing units for individuals with serious mental illness, a 24-hour on-call psychiatric service, robust creative arts programming, a strong DBT training program, clinics in each of the facilities, substance use treatment, integrated re-entry services, and relationships with multiple training institutions throughout the city.
Staff physicians Assistants provide primary care to patients in jail-based clinics, perform intake evaluation and treatment and provide emergency care with the support of Emergency Medicine physicians.
- Complete comprehensive histories and physicals on all new admissions including completion of master problem list (MPL) with diagnosis, lab, and EKG contraindication form and medication list where applicable
- Diagnose and treat acute and chronic illnesse Evaluate the need for consult services and submit the prioritized consult when indicated.
- Review all on island/off-island specialty consult clinic and hospital re Evaluate to ensure that the standard of care is met and implement the recommendations of the consultant.
- Implement plans for patient care utilizing protocols approved by the Medical director and/or treatment plans reflecting the current standard of care.
- Respond to emergencies and fire drills on a priority basis and in a timely and professional manner
- Be familiar with performance indicators (P.I.) and take appropriate measures to comply with these standards
- Perform chart reviews and summaries on all transfe Update the MPL, rewrite medication orders (getting them countersigned) and resubmit consults as needed.
- Request radiology exams, lab-test, EKG’s when indicated and interpret these results with the patient’s clinical All results should be reviewed with the supervising MD or Chief physician.
- Notify the staff MD and Urgicare about 3hour runs and EMS trips.
- Complete and submit all encounter forms on a daily basis
- Witness, sign, and document patient healthcare refusals
- Complete special housing rounds when assigned
- Review laboratory results and document in the medical chart as necessary
- Generate medical modifications as needed
- Generate special needs tracking forms as needed
- Maintain clinical competency by reviewing PHS protocols, current medical literature and M.E’s.
- Ensuring that all progress notes and orders are countersigned before the end of the shift
- Assure that standard of care is maintained
- Maintain all required credentials
- Maintain current licensure and CME requirements.
- Bachelor's degree; no previous work experience required.
- NY State Licensed Physician Assistant
- Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
Please be advised that proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire.
This position will require a background check, security clearance and/or drug screening. PAGNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert