- Pediatrix Medical Group
- Austin, Texas
- Closing date
- Mar 5, 2024
- Pulmonary Disease
- Full Time
- Position Type
Seeking Pediatric Intensivist in Austin, TX
ranked #1 as best places to live by US News!
Exciting opportunity for a Pediatric Intensivist to join our growing practice at North Austin Medical Center.
- 6-bed PICU and 10-bed pediatric floor
- A team of 3 intensivists and 4 pediatric hospitalists
- Responsibilities include admissions and patient management, consultation with families and referring physicians
- Excellent Sub-specialty support is available, peds ID, peds GI, peds pulmonology, some peds cardiology, but complex cardio issues get transferred out
- Cover a week at a time, half days & half night, but can be flexible.
- Day shifts are 7am-5pm and nights are 5pm-7am with night shifts from home. Must come in for all admissions, consults, patient emergencies. Physicians come in about 40% of the nights that they are on call
- Affiliated with Texas A&M School of Medicine with opportunities to work with medical students at every level, and we are the primary site for the pediatrics clerkship.
Austin is the capital of Texas and is the 11th-largest city in the United States and the fourth largest city in the state of Texas and has earned a reputation as one of the best places to live in the nation. It is a community that offers reasonably priced housing, a safe environment, solid schools, healthy and charming neighborhoods and big-city amenities at a small-town pace. With a mild climate and 228 days of sunshine a year, there are plenty of opportunities to get outdoors for fitness, recreation and relaxation. With a thriving economy and no state income tax, Austin offers an unmatched quality of life for everyone.
The compensation and benefits referenced is for illustrative purposes only, and will be discussed during and after the interview process.
Effective November 1 st , 2021 Pediatrix will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
Mednax, Inc. and its affiliated practices operating as Pediatrix? Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation's leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group's high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient?. We invite you to join the Pediatrix? family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for Pediatric Intensivist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert