$605K SALARY + $200K MEDICAL SCHOOL LOAN REPAYMENT
- Southern Ohio Medical Center
- Portsmouth, Ohio
- Closing date
- Mar 2, 2024
- Full Time
- Position Type
Looking for a Board Certified/Board Eligible Gastroenterologist to join our well established, hospital employed multispecialty group. EUS training/experience preferred, but not required. Physician will have the ability to do EGD, Colonoscopy, ERCP, PEG Tube, Esophageal Manometry, and Capsule Endoscopy.
- Option #1: Base salary of $491,300* (50%tile MGMA for those just completing training) with additional compensation for experience, guaranteed for 2 years. Can be switched to a wRVU production contract when exceeding target.
- Option #2: Base salary of $623,600* (75%tile MGMA) guaranteed for one year and then switched to a wRVU production contract.
* 5% less for those not yet boarded, salary adjusted accordingly upon board certification
2-year contract also includes:
- Vacation:4 weeks plus holidays/sick days (29 PTO days). Additional 5 days when producing 75%tile wRVUs
- CME/Books & Journals: 5 days PTO and up to $5000
- Deferred compensation: 457b plan. Defer compensation up to IRS limit of $20,500 year before taxes. No matching.
- Retirement / Savings Plan: 403b plan. Defer compensation up to IRS limit of $20,500 year before taxes under age 50 and $27,000 for over age 50. SOMC matches dollar for dollar up to 2% of base pay.
- Moving Expense: $10,000 paid to moving company
- Malpractice Insurance Coverage: in a claims made insurance, in an amount of $1,000,000, per claim/$3,000,000, aggregate
- Health Insurance: physician pays small premium, deducted from paycheck
- Liquidated Damages: 70 mile and 2 year non-compete clause or liquidated damages of one year salary
- Bonus Incentives: excellent bonus incentives up to 30% of salary
- Medical School Loan Repayment: repay up to $200,000 ($25,000 per year for each year of service commitment)
- Sign on Bonus: 15% of base salary up to $100,000 (paid when contract signed and forgiven over 2-4 years depending on amount of bonus)
- Residency/Fellowship Stipend: Up to $25,000 paid in quarterly payment during final 2 years of training
- Practice Location
- SOMC Gastroenterology Associates located in Portsmouth, OH
- Office Hours/Work Schedule
- Clinical office is open M-TH 8:00 a.m. 5:00p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- 1 physician, 2 NPs
- 1 Service Line Manager
- 2 LPNs
- 3 MOAs
- Call Schedule/CERP (if applicable)
- Approximately 1 in 3 call
- 10 nights per month including 1 weekend, light call
- Case Load
- 10-15 procedures per day in Endo Suite
- 30 patients per day in clinical office
- Olympus scopes and video equipment, everything is monitored
- New Provation Medical Documentation System (electronic medical record, sends orders to office, post op notes dictated and printed, consults to other physicians - helps with coding and billing). The Provation system does interface with the Olympus system.
- Olympus 190 adult and pediatric scopes
- High resolution esophageal manometry
- Bravo pH
- Rapid Pillcam
- 5 large endo suites (former OR rooms)
- 8 exam rooms in office
- Hospital procedures: EGD, colonoscopy, PEG, ERCP, manometry, Pillcam, Bravo pH
- Office procedures: Hemorrhoidal banding, PEG replacement and removal
Click here to learn more about SOMC: http://www.somc.org/
Click to learn more about the community: http://www.somc.org/about/portsmouth.php
Video: Community Video
Hospital Beds:248 staffed |Service Area: 250,000 |Not-for-profit established in 1966|Employs: over 2,700|Medical Staff:250
Teaching opportunities: SOMC has Medical Students and Advanced Practitioner trainees. Staff are eligible for Clinical Adjunct Faculty status with Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine.
All employment is contingent upon passing the post-offer physical examination, drug test, and criminal background investigation.
Apply for $605K SALARY + $200K MEDICAL SCHOOL LOAN REPAYMENT
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert