100% TeleHealth or In Office Endocrinology Opportunity in Ohio with Amazing Benefits!
- Southern Ohio Medical Center
- Portsmouth, Ohio
- Closing date
- Mar 2, 2024
- Full Time
- Position Type
OPPORTUNITY:Looking for a Board Certified/Board Eligible Endocrinologist to join our hospital employed group. Option for 100% Telehealth or In Office.
- Option #1: Base salary of $238,580* (50%tile MGMA for those just completing training) with additional compensation for experience, guaranteed for 2 years. Can be switched to an wRVU production contract when exceeding target.
- Option #2: Base salary of $283,530* (75%tile MGMA) guaranteed for one year and then switched to an wRVU production contract.
* 5% less for those not yet boarded, salary adjusted accordingly upon board certification
2-year contract also includes:
- Vacation: 29 days paid time off (PTO). Additional 5 days when producing 75%tile wRVUs
- CME/Books & Journals: 5 days PTO and up to $5000
- Medical School Loan Repayment: repay up to $200,000 ($25,000 per year for each year of service commitment)
- Deferred compensation: 457b plan. Defer compensation up to IRS limit of $19,500 year before taxes. No matching.
- Retirement / Savings Plan: 403b plan. Defer compensation up to IRS limit of $19,500 year before taxes under age 50 and $26,000 for over age 50. SOMC matches dollar for dollar up to 2% of base pay.
- Moving Expense: $10,000 paid to moving company
- Malpractice Insurance Coverage: in a claims made insurance, in an amount of $1,000,000, per claim/$3,000,000, aggregate
- Health Insurance: physician pays small premium, deducted from paycheck
- Liquidated Damages: 70 mile and 2 year non-compete clause or liquidated damages of one year salary
- Sign on Bonus 15% of base salary up to $100,000 (paid when contract signed and forgiven over 2-4 years depending on amount of bonus)
- Residency Stipend: up to $25,000 (requires up to 2 year service commitment)
- Bonus Incentives: excellent bonus incentives up to 30% of salary
- Practice Location
- SOMC Endocrinology Associates
- 1805 27th Street
Portsmouth, OH 45662
- Office Hours/Work Schedule
- Office hours: Monday-Thursday, 8:00a 5:00p, Friday 8:00a. 12:00p
- Limited call - No ER call, Inpatient call minimal, Outpatient call for emergent issues only and would be shared with Family Practice physician (answering service)
- Dr. Phillip Roberts, Family Practice
- Potential for 2 NP s
- 1 Medical Office Assistant
- 1 LPN per provider
- 1 Office Manager
- Certified Diabetes Education and/or Certified Insulin Pump Educator
- Case Load
- Approximately 30 patients/day
- Anticipated procedures in office include Ultrasound Guided Fine needle aspirate thyroid biopsy
- Practice Expectations
- Looking for highly motivated candidate that is excited for the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on a community with a great need for an Endocrinologist. We have a large population of diabetic patients in our community in addition to many thyroid and other endocrine issues that require endocrine expertise and management. We do not currently have an Endocrinologist on Medical Staff, therefore we have a multitude of patients leaving our service area for treatment.
- Desire to provide full scope of endocrinology services with competence in managing complex diabetic patients and management of insulin pump therapy, thyroid, adrenal, parathyroid, pituitary, osteoporosis, and other endocrine disorders; competence in thyroid ultrasound and fine needle thyroid biopsy.
Click here to learn more about SOMC: http://www.somc.org/
Click to learn more about the community: http://www.somc.org/about/portsmouth.php
Video: Community Video
Hospital Beds: 248 staffed | Service Area: over 250,000 | Not-for-profit established 1966 | Employs: over 3,000 | Medical Staff: 250
Teaching opportunities: SOMC has Medical Students, Residents, and Advanced Practitioner trainees. Staff are eligible for Clinical Adjunct Faculty status with Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine.
All employment is contingent upon passing the post-offer physical examination, drug screen, and criminal background investigation.
Apply for 100% TeleHealth or In Office Endocrinology Opportunity in Ohio with Amazing Benefits!
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert