FAMILY PRACTICE OUTPATIENT ONLY
- Southern Ohio Medical Center
- Portsmouth, Ohio
- Closing date
- Mar 2, 2024
- Family Medicine
- Full Time
- Position Type
Looking for a Board Certified/Board Eligible Family Practice Physician to join our hospital employed group.
- Option #1: Base salary of $228,200* (50%tile MGMA for those just completing training) with additional compensation for experience, guaranteed for 2 years. Can be switched to a wRVU production contract when exceeding target.
- Option #2: Base salary of $271,700* (75%tile MGMA) guaranteed for one year and then switched to a wRVU production contract.
* 5% less for those not yet boarded, salary adjusted accordingly upon board certification
2-year contract also includes:
- Vacation: 29 days paid time off (PTO). Additional 5 days when producing 75%tile wRVUs
- CME/Books & Journals: 5 days PTO and up to $5000
- Deferred compensation: 457b plan. Defer compensation up to IRS limit of $20,500 year before taxes. No matching.
- Retirement / Savings Plan: 403b plan. Defer compensation up to IRS limit of $20,500 year before taxes under age 50 and $25,000 for over age 50. SOMC matches dollar for dollar up to 2% of base pay.
- Moving Expense: $10,000 paid to moving company
- Malpractice Insurance Coverage: in a claims made insurance, in an amount of $1,000,000, per claim/$3,000,000, aggregate
- Health Insurance: provider pays small premium, deducted from paycheck
- Liquidated Damages: 70 mile and 2 year non-compete clause or liquidated damages of one year salary
- Bonus Incentives: excellent bonus incentives up to 30% of salary
- Medical School Loan Repayment: repay up to $200,000 ($25,000 per year for each year of service commitment)
- Sign on Bonus: 15% of base salary up to $100,000 (paid when contract signed and forgiven over 2-4 years)
- Residency Stipend: up to $25,000 (requires up to 2 year service commitment)
- Practice Location
- Family Health Center
- Office Hours/Work Schedule
- Office hours: Monday Thursday 8:00a 5:00p, Friday 8:00a 12:00p
- Call: 1:38 days (M-F) and 1:38 weekends Sat 8a Monday 8a
- Lab, X-ray and pharmacy have same hours of operation as the UC services
- Family practice, CT, MRI and Ultrasound are by scheduled appointments
- Case Load
- 20-25 patients per day
- Injections, ear irrigation, breathing treatment, mole/skin tag removal
- Practice Expectations
- Expected to cover acute care.
- The practice is also an outpatient lab draw site so walk in patients who require blood draws are accepted.
- Looking for a provider who is motivated to grow the practice, patient centered, and has the flexibility to handle last minute schedule changes to meet patient needs.
- Participate in Antibiotic Stewardship
Click here to learn more about SOMC: http://www.somc.org/
Click to learn more about the community: http://www.somc.org/about/portsmouth.php
Video: Community Video
Hospital Beds: 248 staffed | Service Area: over 250,000 | Not-for-profit established 1966 | Employs: over 3,000 | Medical Staff: 250
Teaching opportunities: SOMC has Medical Students, Residents, and Advanced Practitioner trainees. Staff are eligible for Clinical Adjunct Faculty status with Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine.
All employment is contingent upon passing the post-offer physical examination, drug test, and criminal background investigation.
Apply for FAMILY PRACTICE OUTPATIENT ONLY
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert