Division Chief of Cardiovascular Surgery - Creighton University - CHI Health
- CHI Health
- Omaha, Nebraska
- Closing date
- May 2, 2023
- Cardiology, Surgery, Surgery, Thoracic
- Full Time
- Position Type
The Section of Cardiovascular Surgery at Creighton University Medical Center and CHI Health is recruiting an academic Division Chief of Cardiovascular Surgery to be part of our vibrant program and expand our clinical, surgical, research, and educational activities in conjunction with our Department of Surgery and Cardiovascular Medicine
At Creighton University Medical Center, our Heart & Vascular Institute is one of the nation’s highest quality, award winning heart programs. We are a designated TAVR Center with a high procedure volume and excellent outcomes. Supported by a highly ranked team of interventional cardiologists. Our Cardiac Surgery program is part of our integrated, multispecialty system, working with every member of the cardiovascular medicine team committed to the highest outcome of every procedure we preform. This opportunity is ripe for a visionary leader to build and grow an adult cardiac surgery in all of its domains in partnership with outstanding colleagues and forward-thinking and dynamic academic and business leadership.
In addition, our program is further augmented by our many other resources associated with our academic institution including our inpatient and outpatient cardiac rehabilitation program
Resident activity with the department of surgery is highly engaging at our University Medical Center and Level I Trauma Center.
Candidates are expected to have at least 7 years of clinical experience and track record of scholarly and educational activities at the level of Associate Professor at Creighton University School of Medicine.
- Working in an academic and teaching environment educating Creighton University’s surgical residents and medical students and conducting research in collaboration with scientists within Common Spirit and Creighton University School of Medicine.
- Reporting to the Creighton Chair of Surgery and CHI Director of Surgery
- Highly competitive Salary Guarantee
- Paid Relocation Expenses
- Omaha, Nebraska is consistently ranked as one of America’s best cities for livability, affordability, quality of life, and schooling.
- Electronic medical records via EPIC
- Universal Care model – entire hospital floor dedicated to CV
- All cases staffed by B/C Cardiac Anesthesia
- 4 OR suites including 1 hybrid suite
- CHI and Creighton University Medical Center are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Women, Under-represented minorities, and Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates, please submit a CV, along with a letter of interest detailing your past accomplishments, to:
Creighton University/CHI Health
CHI Health is part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care. With approximately 150,000 employees and 25,000 physicians and advanced practice clinicians, CommonSpirit Health operates 142 hospitals and more than 700 care sites across 21 states.
Creighton University School of Medicine is one of nine schools or colleges at Creighton University including professional schools of Business, Law, Nursing, Dentistry, Pharmacy and Health Professions, and Graduate School. Founded in 1878, Creighton University is a Catholic, Jesuit institution with an enrollment of approximately 8800 students. It is consistently ranked as one of the finest comprehensive universities in the nation by U.S. News and World Report and regularly appears in Best Buys in American Colleges.
12809 W Dodge Rd
Apply for Division Chief of Cardiovascular Surgery - Creighton University - CHI Health
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert