Chief Medical Officer
- Sutter Health Sacramento Sierra Region
- Sacramento, California
- Closing date
- Mar 2, 2024
- General Practice
- Full Time
- Position Type
Sutter Medical Group (SMG) seeks to hire a Board-Certified (BC) Physician for the role of Chief Medical Officer in Sacramento, California.
The CMO will be responsible for oversight of operational clinician leaders (e.g., the Divisional Vice Presidents (DVP), Primary Care and Specialty Medical Directors, and other leaders as mutually determined with the SMG President, implementation of clinical strategic initiatives; communication of clinical standards; coordination of clinical processes especially between primary and specialty care; development and review of policies; oversight of patient experience initiatives; and oversight of individual clinician HR issues. The CMO will support SMG s Mission and implementation of the SMG Compact. The CMO will participate in Sutter-wide initiatives and will be a dyad partner to the Sutter Valley Medical Foundation (SVMF) Regional CEO(s).
This is a 1.0 FTE position, with a portion of time devoted to clinical activity strongly encouraged (0.1-0.2 clinical).
- Must be a Physician and successfully become licensed to practice in California
- Five years senior leadership experience in healthcare, with an emphasis on medical group leadership preferred
- Experience in organizational change management, building and leading teams, and developing relationships in complex networks
Medical Group Information:
Sutter Medical Group is a successful, 1,100+ member multi-specialty group offering physicians the opportunity to build their practices within a progressive, financially sound, and collaborative organization. SMG is recognized as a Top Performing Physician Group by the Integrated Healthcare Association. Our members are dedicated to providing the highest quality and most complete health care possible to the people in the communities we serve in the greater Sacramento Valley Area of Amador, Placer, Sacramento, Solano, and Yolo Counties.
Join us and enjoy:
- Generous compensation
- Sign-on bonus
- Relocation allowance
- Income guarantee with shareholder track
- Benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) match
- CME allowance
- Robust retirement program
- Northern California's natural beauty and lifestyle
Apply for Chief Medical Officer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert