Infectious Disease Physician in Southern CA
- City of Hope National Medical Center
- Irwindale, California
- Closing date
- Mar 2, 2024
- Infectious Disease
- Full Time
- Position Type
City of Hope Medical Group Seeks an Infectious Diseases Physician to Provide Services for our Duarte Campus
The Department of Medicine at City of Hope National Medical Center is seeking applications for a full-time clinical faculty position (Assistant Clinical Professor) for our Duarte, California Campus. This position is a rare opportunity to work in a 450+ member integrated, multidisciplinary Medical Group Practice serving an NCI designated comprehensive cancer center in Southern California. City of Hope is an expanding institution in both numbers of patients per year as well as infrastructure investment in clinical, academic and research facilities.
- Join a dynamic group of 5 infectious diseases specialists and 1 APP
- Work out of one location
- The hospital is located on campus
- Clinical time is divided between inpatient and outpatient services
- day dedicated time for academic, administrative, or teaching activities
- 10% academic/research time granted for new faculty
- Outpatient clinics 1-2 days a week
- Inpatient consultation call will be approximately 1:5 weeks
- Clinical research opportunities abound and are encouraged
- Active or eligible for California medical license
- ABIM board certification in Infectious Diseases
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in transplant infectious disease or graduating from fellowship program that is heavily focused towards immunocompromised host infections (hematologic malignancy/ HCT)
- 1-2 years working within hematologic malignancies *preferred but not required
- MGMA competitive salary and benefits package:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, life, Malpractice, CME allowance, 20 days paid vacation, 3 personal days, 18 sick days, 7 holidays, and 10 CME days
- City of Hope adds 20% of salary to your retirement account (NOT a match you don t contribute a penny) each year; up to a maximum of $61,000
- Graduating Fellows with significant exposure to transplant infectious disease during training strongly encouraged to apply!
- Graduating Fellows who have interest in infectious diseases in immunocompromised hosts welcome to apply!
- Salary Range: $210,000 - $256,000
- The range listed is exclusively for base compensation for full-time employment and does not include incentive compensation or benefits. Actual compensation will be adjusted for experience, training, hospital/community need and other factors.
Who We Are:
City of Hope is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of people with cancer, diabetes, and other serious illnesses. Our mission is to transform the future of health care by turning science into a practical benefit, and hope into reality. We accomplish this by providing outstanding care, conducting innovative research and offering vital education programs focused on eliminating these diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is one of only 51 comprehensive cancer centers in the nation, as designated by the National Cancer Institute. City of Hope is currently ranked as the seventh Best Hospital for cancer in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report for 2022-23. City of Hope (COH) is a leading research and treatment center for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases located in Duarte, California. Over the last 100 years, City of Hope has built a legacy in Duarte of being a world leader in cancer research, treatment, and prevention. Recently, the organization extended its reach beyond Duarte to include 30 community sites in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties, steadily moving it to number one in Southern California for inpatient market share and pushing its capacity limits. In 2018, City of Hope began a transformational journey with ambitious goals in the areas of patient care, value-based care and precision medicine, hematology malignancies, stem cell transplants, and meaningful innovations and cures. Integral to the realization of these goals is the expansion of City of Hope to the Orange County market. Orange County has the ideal conditions for City of Hope to demonstrate its ability to expand its differentiated, niche services, including research, genetic capabilities and outstanding, subspecialty care.
Our community includes research associates, scientists, doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, graduate students, fundraising specialists, marketing professionals, volunteers and an extensive support staff. We are united by our desire to find cures, save lives and transform the future of health. Every discovery we make and every new treatment we create gives people the chance to live longer, better and more fully.
City of Hope continues to be a pioneer of patient centered care and remains committed to its tradition of exceptional care for patients, families and communities. Each day, we live out our credo:
"There is no profit in curing the body, if, in the process, we destroy the soul."?
The City of Hope Environment:
We want our employees to enjoy all aspects of their professional and personal lives. Recognizing the value in diverse perspectives, we have programs that leverage engagement by bringing our professional community together. In the City of Hope environment, new employee partnerships thrive, with no barriers to freely sharing knowledge. And, in the same way we view patient care from a broad perspective, City of Hope encourages its employees, too, to enhance their view, by increasing their knowledge continually. Here at City of Hope, you will find great opportunities to provide fulfilling service, and to enjoy workplace satisfaction.
Enjoy Sunny Southern California:
- Much of the faculty live in Pasadena, which is 15 minutes west
- The Metro Gold Line train has a stop at City of Hope, allowing an easy, stress-free commuting option that is subsidized by City of Hope. The Gold line extends from downtown LA to Glendora, with stops in Pasadena, Arcadia, Monrovia, and City of Hope. Expansion efforts are underway to extend service to Claremont and Montclair
- Unlimited housing options with outstanding schooling options for children
- Home to USC, Cal Tech, UCLA, UCI, the Claremont Colleges, and many other world class universities
Applicants who identify with a historically underrepresented group, including but not limited to Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, Indigenous/Native American, Persons of Color, or Women, are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Infectious Disease Physician in Southern CA
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert