- Defense Health Agency (DHA)
- Ft. Campbell, KY
- Closing date
- Jun 1, 2023
This position is located at Blanchfield Army Community Hospital in Fort Campbell, KY.
This is a full-time Physician (Psychiatry) position that affords job security, a competitive salary, bonuses, moving expenses, full malpractice coverage, up to 26 days paid vacation, 10 days paid Federal Holidays, a sick leave benefit, 401K, CME opportunities, a first-class health and retirement benefit package.
Fort Campbell lies on the Kentucky/Tennessee border between Hopkinsville and Clarksville, directly off of I-24 and only 40 miles NW of Nashville. As the ninth-fastest growing city in the nation, Clarksville is experiencing tremendous change including new schools, a new hospital, and new residential developments. Clarksville is ranked as the 57th "Best Place to Live" by Money Magazine, 11th "Best City in the U.S. for Public Golf" by Golf Digest, and is the state's fifth largest city with a revitalized and thriving riverfront district. Both visitors and residents enjoy the shops and eateries of downtown Clarksville and with its brick sidewalks, tree lined streets, decorative lighting and park benches, the historic area is drawing new attention. The cost of living is lower than the average for all major U.S. cities. For more information, visit http://www.clarksvillecvb.com/ .
Working for the Department of Defense comes with an abundance of benefits and perks to include competitive compensation packages, paid-time off, medical benefits, student loan repayments, and retirement package with Thrift Savings Plan to include matching employer contributions. For more information, please visit the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/benefits/
- Responsible for providing treatment services, and performing the full range of clinical treatments, including consultation, evaluation and treatment of emergency, complex and routine cases in the field of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Develop an individualized biopsychosocial treatment plan based on the child and adolescent?s diagnosis, personal and family history, current family situation, laboratory and other diagnostic tests and procedures.
- ***SUPERVISORY POSITION JOB DUTIES BELOW***
- Supervisory positions will serve as an expert in the field of Psychiatry.
- Supervisory positions will participate in quality assurance, and quality improvement studies, utilization review, risk management, and peer review activities.
- Supervisory positions will plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, set and adjust short-term priorities, prepare schedules for completion of work, develop performance standards, and evaluate work performance of subordinates.
- ***ADULT PATIENT POPULATION JOB DUTIES BELOW***
- Provide treatment services in any capacity including, but not limited to, assessment, medication management and disposition of psychiatric patients including making arrangements for hospitalization if needed.
- Provide routine, intensive, complex and emergency intakes and extended evaluations for a variety of emotional, psychological, and behavioral disorders.
- Provide continuing follow-up care for chronic patients with acute disorders and complications of these disorders, such as psychosis, organic brain syndrome, substance abuse/addictions, etc.
- ***ADULT AND CHILD/ADOLESCENT PATIENT POPULATION JOB DUTIES BELOW***
- Treatment entails individual, family, group psychotherapy, and medication management.
PERFORMS OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
US Citizenship required
Degree: Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must have provided education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.
Licensure: Applicants must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Graduate Training: Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree, a candidate must have had at least one year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a one-year internship or the first year of a residency program in a hospital or an institution accredited for such training.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Residency Training for GP-14 Position: Applicants must have successfully completed the required accredited residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled (Psychiatry) and equivalent experience and training equal to at least 4 years. Experience may not be substituted for residency training that is required for the specialty identified.
Residency Training for GP-15 Position: Applicants must have successfully completed the required accredited residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled (Psychiatry) and equivalent experience and training equal to at least 5 years. Experience may not be substituted for residency training that is required for the specialty identified.
If you are selected for a Physician position: A salary quote will not be provided to you at the time of the initial job offer. The salary determination process begins after the initial job offer is accepted. This Activity Compensation Panel is responsible for determining base pay and market pay, therefore a starting salary is provided once approved.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: See Qualifications section for education requirements.
AMERICA’S PREMIER MEDICAL TEAM, SAVING LIVES AND FOSTERING HEALTHY AND RESILIENT PEOPLE
- Promote, sustain, and enhance the health of our armed forces, veterans, and their families.
- Train, develop, and equip a medical force that supports full spectrum operations.
- Deliver leading-edge healthcare to our warriors and military families to optimize outcomes.
DO WHAT YOU REALLY WANT -
CARE FOR PATIENTS AND HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE THE PRACTICE.
There are a lot of reasons you became a physician, but none of them included inﬂexible work schedules, burdensome administrative tasks, and dealing with insurance companies. By offering you exceptional employment beneﬁts as well as the opportunity to practice at locations across the U.S. and around the world, DHA delivers you the work-life balance you have always been missing.
WORK AND LIFE OPPORTUNITIES.
Practice your specialty and experience the unique career opportunities and beneﬁts that can be found at the DHA.
The civilian physicians of the Defense Health Agency meet the healthcare needs of active duty and retired military personnel, and their families, at treatment facilities across the U.S. and around the world.
- 250+ Locations Worldwide
- 5 Million+ Under Our Care
- Excellent Stafﬁng Ratios
- State-of-the-Art Facilities
- Patient-Focused Care
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedules
- Recruitment Bonuses
- Job Security
- Supportive Work Environment
With job openings at more than 250 military medical facilities all across the U.S. and around the world, DHA offers you the chance to practice where you want.
THE DHA IS CURRENTLY HIRING:
- Family Medicine
- Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- Allergists & Immunologists
- Occupational Medicine
- Physical Medicine
- Preventive Medicine Physicians
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
YOUR CAREER SEARCH STARTS HERE.
“As a civilian serving in the DHA, I get what I was missing most in my old practice. I was tired of the punishing work schedule and dealing with insurance and all the stress it brings. Now, I still practice alongside great physicians in a state-of-the-art facility, but in an environment that allows me to have a life outside the practice.
Best of all, even though I'm a civilian, I receive excellent federal beneﬁts.”
Dr. Frank R
Evans Army Community Hospital
Fort Carson, CO.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert