This position is located at Blanchfield Army Community Hospital in Fort Campbell, KY.
This is a full-time Physician (Psychiatry) position that affords job security, a competitive salary, bonuses, moving expenses, full malpractice coverage, up to 26 days paid vacation, 10 days paid Federal Holidays, a sick leave benefit, 401K, CME opportunities, a first-class health and retirement benefit package.
Fort Campbell lies on the Kentucky/Tennessee border between Hopkinsville and Clarksville, directly off of I-24 and only 40 miles NW of Nashville. As the ninth-fastest growing city in the nation, Clarksville is experiencing tremendous change including new schools, a new hospital, and new residential developments. Clarksville is ranked as the 57th "Best Place to Live" by Money Magazine, 11th "Best City in the U.S. for Public Golf" by Golf Digest, and is the state's fifth largest city with a revitalized and thriving riverfront district. Both visitors and residents enjoy the shops and eateries of downtown Clarksville and with its brick sidewalks, tree lined streets, decorative lighting and park benches, the historic area is drawing new attention. The cost of living is lower than the average for all major U.S. cities. For more information, visit http://www.clarksvillecvb.com/ .
Working for the Department of Defense comes with an abundance of benefits and perks to include competitive compensation packages, paid-time off, medical benefits, student loan repayments, and retirement package with Thrift Savings Plan to include matching employer contributions. For more information, please visit the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/benefits/Responsibilities
Qualifications Basic Requirements: US Citizenship required Board Certified/Eligible Degree:
- Responsible for providing treatment services, and performing the full range of clinical treatments, including consultation, evaluation and treatment of emergency, complex and routine cases in the field of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Develop an individualized biopsychosocial treatment plan based on the child and adolescent?s diagnosis, personal and family history, current family situation, laboratory and other diagnostic tests and procedures.
- ***SUPERVISORY POSITION JOB DUTIES BELOW***
- Supervisory positions will serve as an expert in the field of Psychiatry.
- Supervisory positions will participate in quality assurance, and quality improvement studies, utilization review, risk management, and peer review activities.
- Supervisory positions will plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, set and adjust short-term priorities, prepare schedules for completion of work, develop performance standards, and evaluate work performance of subordinates.
- ***ADULT PATIENT POPULATION JOB DUTIES BELOW***
- Provide treatment services in any capacity including, but not limited to, assessment, medication management and disposition of psychiatric patients including making arrangements for hospitalization if needed.
- Provide routine, intensive, complex and emergency intakes and extended evaluations for a variety of emotional, psychological, and behavioral disorders.
- Provide continuing follow-up care for chronic patients with acute disorders and complications of these disorders, such as psychosis, organic brain syndrome, substance abuse/addictions, etc.
- ***ADULT AND CHILD/ADOLESCENT PATIENT POPULATION JOB DUTIES BELOW***
- Treatment entails individual, family, group psychotherapy, and medication management.
PERFORMS OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must have provided education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination. Licensure
: Applicants must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. Graduate Training:
Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree, a candidate must have had at least one year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a one-year internship or the first year of a residency program in a hospital or an institution accredited for such training. In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below: Residency Training for GP-14 Position:
Applicants must have successfully completed the required accredited residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled (Psychiatry) and equivalent experience and training equal to at least 4 years. Experience may not be substituted for residency training that is required for the specialty identified. Residency Training for GP-15 Position:
Applicants must have successfully completed the required accredited residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled (Psychiatry) and equivalent experience and training equal to at least 5 years. Experience may not be substituted for residency training that is required for the specialty identified. If you are selected for a Physician position:
A salary quote will not be provided to you at the time of the initial job offer. The salary determination process begins after the initial job offer is accepted. This Activity Compensation Panel is responsible for determining base pay and market pay, therefore a starting salary is provided once approved.Education FOREIGN EDUCATION:
See Qualifications section for education requirements.