Academic Renal Pathologist

Merritt Hawkins
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Closing date
Mar 2, 2024

View more

Full Time
Position Type
Job Description & Requirements
Academic Renal Pathologist in Minnesota
StartDate: ASAP

Hennepin Healthcare in Minnesota is seeking a renal/nephropathologist to become the Medical Director of Renal Pathology Service and Electron Microscopy Laboratory. This is a 100% clinical role, but the successful candidate could have an academic appointment at the University of Minnesota. Research options with the center s robust research foundation are also available. Renal Pathology Service receives approximately 600 cases per year and includes outreach from all areas of Minnesota, Western Wisconsin, and Eastern North Dakota. The material is 90% native biopsies and 10% allografts. An experienced leader is preferred, but faculty candidates will be considered with growth and advancement opportunities for recent trainees.

Opportunity Highlights
  • Rare leadership opportunity for a renal pathologist to work in a strong team environment
  • Above-average national compensation and 7 weeks of PTO upon starting employment
  • Excellent quality of life - Flexible schedule options
  • Full service, one-of-a-kind renal pathology program - 90% native kidney biopsies with the other 10% from their transplant program
  • Robust Nephrology Department and team Excellent collaboration with the Pathology Department
  • Leading regional renal pathology service contracts with nephrologists and systems in the Twin Cities, North Dakota, Wisconsin, and more
  • Live and work in the No. 2 ranked state for Best States Overall (US News and World Report)

Community Information
Minneapolis-St. Paul, a diverse major metropolitan area with every amenity you could want or need, is a perfect place for providers to call home. Living and working in the state ranked #2 in US News & World Report s Best States Overall, you ll enjoy a remarkable quality of life.
  • One of the top metros to live in the nation (US News)
  • Exceptional public and private schools as well as local colleges and universities
  • An outdoor enthusiasts dream, featuring a riverfront skyline, breathtaking waterfalls, an array of lakes, and more hiking and biking trails than you could imagine
  • Vibrant arts and culture scene, world-class shopping and dining, and endless entertainment options
  • Local collegiate and professional sports + one of the top international airports in the US
  • Medscape ranks Minnesota #1 in Best Places to Practice 2021

Preferred Qualifications
Renal Pathology Fellowship

Job Benefits

About the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.

Anatomic, Anatomic Pathology, Anatomic Pathologist, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology, Clinical, Clinical Pathology, Clinical Pathologist, Pathology Lab, Pathology, Laboratory, Cytologic, Pathology, Healthcare, Health Care, Medical, Medical Technology, Patient Care

Apply for Academic Renal Pathologist

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required

Your file must be a .doc, .pdf, .docx, or .rtf. No larger than 1MB
Selected file:

When you apply for a job we will send your application to the named employer, who may contact you. By applying for a job listed on JAMA Career Center you agree to our terms and conditions and privacy policy. You should never be required to provide bank account details. If you are, please contact us. All emails will contain a link in the footer to enable you to unsubscribe at any time.

Get job alerts

Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.

Create alert