Job Description & Requirements
Hematology & Oncology Physician in Texas
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center in Lubbock, Texas, is seeking a BC/BE fellowship-trained Hematology Oncology physician to join their dynamic practice at the assistant or associate professor level. Strong capabilities in benign and malignant hematology, sarcoma, melanoma, GI, Breast, and head and neck are preferred.Opportunity Highlights
- Newly expanded and remodeled clinic and state-of-the-art infusion center with beautiful atrium - 32 chairs, 8 private rooms, and 2 procedural rooms
- Brand-new, comprehensive cancer center to open in 2025
- Expanding infusion access to a new location to keep up with city growth to be completed in 2023, 14 chairs, 2 private rooms
- Strong multidisciplinary disease-specific tumor boards; multidisciplinary clinics in breast, lung, and GI including lung cancer screening and high-risk breast clinics; Center of Excellence for Lung, Breast, GI, Pancreatic
- Symptom Management Clinic for after-hours care of chemo patients available daily, evenings, and weekends
- Incorporate clinical, teaching, clinical trials research, and administrative components into your practice. Opportunities exist for leadership in the fellowship and clinical trials research program.
- Competitive compensation; comprehensive benefits; outstanding retirement - two wonderful plans to choose from, one of which is the teacher retirement pension plan for the state of Texas
- $200,000 sign-on bonus
A lively college town with an engaging spirit throughout the entire community, Lubbock, Texas, brings the concept of Southern hospitality to life. Whether you're in the mood to relax or be active, the city offers various amenities, including parks, golf courses, and live music.
Job BenefitsAbout the Company
- No state income tax + a low cost of living
- Local solid economy led by medicine, education, banking, agriculture, oil, and gas
- Exceptional public and private schools as well as local and nearby universities
- Endless opportunities to explore the outdoors enjoy hiking, biking, golfing, fishing, and much more
- Exciting nightlife
- Take weekend trips to Big Bend National Park in Southwest Texas + a short drive to the mountains in New Mexico for incredible hiking and skiing
- Access to an international airport and Division I collegiate sports
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Internal Medicine, Hematologist Oncologist, Ho, Hematology Oncologist, Oncology, Oncologist, Blood, Blood Illness, Blood Cells, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Md