Physician - Gastroenterology
- Olympia Fields, Illinois
- Closing date
- Mar 1, 2024
- Full Time
- Position Type
Physician - Gastroenterology Specialty Physicians of Illinois, LLC - Olympia Fields, IL
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a well-trained, Board-Certified, Gastroenterologist with advanced endoscopic skills in ERCP (required) and EUS (preferred) to join our Gastroenterology group at Specialty Physicians of Illinois (SPI), Franciscan Health, Olympia Fields (IL). Our ideal candidate would be collegial and have a strong focus on both clinical excellence and patient satisfaction. This person will also appreciate working in a community teaching hospital with GI fellows and serving the medical needs of a diverse patient population.
WHO WE ARE:
Franciscan Health Olympia Fields is the largest academic medical center in the south Chicago suburbs. Our location is a very doable reverse commute for those who prefer to live in Chicago. The current GI outpatient facility is new and boasts three up-to-date endoscopy suites with an attractive, comfortable waiting area. This facility is on the first floor of our 3700 building which is physically attached to our hospital. You will work in a pleasant, aesthetically pleasing environment with congenial colleagues.
Our gastroenterology group is part of Specialty Physicians of Illinois, LLC (SPI), a multispecialty group with 60 physicians and 20 APPs which is a wholly owned by Franciscan Alliance. Our group is full service with highly skilled gastroenterologists who see consultations with complex GI pathology and who perform the full range of procedures to address those problems. You will collaborate with our three general surgeons and their general surgery residents. SPI will serve as the nucleus of your referral base which when coupled with our very active Emergency Department (ED), will ensure that you are very busy from day one. We are the exclusive providers of GI services to the hospital. In addition to our existing team, we are also planning to recruit another GI physician ( a generalist) to help with our backlog of office consultations and backlog of routine endoscopy.
The patient mix in our community is both ethnically and financially diverse. The complexity and acuity of disease presenting through our very large ED is simply amazing and ensures a robust and intellectually stimulating practice experience for staff and trainees alike.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Perform all ERCPs and endoscopic ultrasound procedures
- An ample amount of EGDs and colonoscopies, etc., are available
- Protected/dedicated GI lab time
- One in four on-call -- GI fellows (5) take 1st call
- Collaborative team support from hospitalists and general surgery
- No travel, all work is on one campus
- Hospital consultations are seen with GI fellows
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary with 2-year guarantee. $25K sign-on bonus with $25K retention bonus at end of year two.
- 27 days of Allowed Time Off plus 5 days for CME with annual stipend
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 403(b), 457(b), and 401(a) retirement plans
- The strength and financial stability of our 14 hospital Franciscan Health Ministry
For more information, please contact Physician and Provider Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (844) 376-3627.
WHERE WE LIVE:
Olympia Fields is a suburb of Chicago without the hustle and bustle of living downtown. It offers an affordable cost of living with excellent school options including private and public schools. Park your car and ride the Olympia Fields Metra into downtown Chicago or neighboring cities. Diverse employment base with good commercially-insured base of employees.
Outdoors Activities available:
- Olympia Fields Park District 150 acres of park land offering wellness, fitness, sports, arts, and dance programs.
- Iron Oaks Environmental Center 40-acre nature preserve offering cross country skiing, trails, ponds, gardens, and more.
- Performing Arts Center, Theatres, and the Illinois Philharmonic Orchestra
Apply for Physician - Gastroenterology
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert