- Baylor Scott & White Health
- Temple, Texas
- Closing date
- May 31, 2023
- Full Time
- Position Type
Baylor Scott & White Health is seeking a BE/BC Fellowship trained Transplant Nephrologist, to join our growing Baylor Scott & White – Temple facility.
- The role includes evaluation of potential transplant recipients, management of inpatient transplant recipients and follow up care of transplant recipients.
- Partner with cardiac service line to co-manage complex advance heart failure and combined heart – kidney transplant candidates.
- The position requires active participation in growth of the program (currently on pace for approximately175 kidneys per year) with coverage at outreach clinics and selection/listing including wait list maintenance of pre-transplant candidates.
- Candidate should have expertise in all areas of Renal Transplantation
- Candidates must be able to work with multidisciplinary teams and provide comprehensive nephrology care.
- Candidates must be familiar with all hemodialysis therapies and certified in hemodialysis modalities. (CRRT, Aquadex, PD, HD, etc.).
- BSWH CTX Neph Division currently has 2 transplant nephrologists and 2 advance practice providers.
- Candidates will rotate call providing 24/7 call for all inpatient care as well as outpatient emergencies.
- Inpatient volume varies between 4-10 admissions, clinic volume ranges from 6-14 patients per day with plans to increase as support staff allows.
- Academic appointment predicated on qualification.
- Fellows rotate within Transplant 5 months of the academic year.
About Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Temple
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Temple is a 640-bed multi-specialty teaching hospital and the only Level I Trauma Center between Dallas and Austin. In 2022, the hospital ranks No.5 of the top 15 teaching hospitals in the United States by Thomson Reuters. The hospital has 31 accredited residency and fellowship programs that include specialties in emergency medicine and radiology and offers a well-established and respected chaplain resident program.
About the Community
Temple is regarded as one of the best areas to live and work in Texas and was ranked the sixth most affordable place to live in the U.S. in 2019. In addition to no state taxes, Temple enjoys a robust economy, and a cost of living that’s lower than the national average. Served by four independent school districts and nationally recognized Temple College, the community places a high priority on education. Dubbed the “Wildflower Capital of Texas,” Temple lies along the famous Texas Wildflower Trail and is the demographic center of the state, with convenient access to major cities including Dallas, Houston, Austin and San Antonio.
Baylor Scott & White Health Benefits: At Baylor Scott & White Health, you'll enjoy a competitive benefits package in an employed position that includes:
- Immediate eligibility for generous health benefits
- Amazing retirement plan and market competitive compensation
- Outstanding vacation allowance of 4 weeks of vacation and 3 weeks of CME paid days off per year
- Doctorate Degree in Medicine
- Licensed to Practice Medicine in the state of Texas by the Texas Medical Board
- Employee shall be currently board certified in his or her specialty or demonstrate active pursuit of board certification as defined by the appropriate specialty board of the American Board of Medical Specialties or the Bureau of Osteopathic Specialists
Five of our hospitals made Healthgrades’ America’s 250 Best Hospitals list, indicating they are in the top 5% in the nation for overall clinical excellence.
For additional information about this opportunity, please contact:
Melisa Harrison, Physician Recruiter, at Melisa.Harrison@BSWHealth.org
Apply for Transplant Nephrology
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert