- MBI Industrial Medicine
- Tucson, Arizona
- Closing date
- Apr 1, 2023
- Occupational Medicine
- Full Time, Part Time
- Position Type
Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine for Area Medical Director Position
Founded in 1982, MBI Industrial Medicine, Inc. with newly acquired Workwell, LLC is an Arizona based company operating 20 full service occupational healthcare facilities in Arizona and Colorado. MBI/Workwell is unique - we are the only occupational healthcare company with the sole focus of treating the injured worker. Staffed with passionate medical professionals, our mission is to provide timely, compassionate care, coupled with evidence-based practice for industry-leading results.
We’re a company on the move, with plans for expansion into Nevada, Utah and New Mexico. This means new opportunities at all levels of the business! If you are looking for a rewarding career, want the opportunity to work with a highly skilled team of dedicated healthcare providers, and have the desire to grow as a medical professional, apply to MBI/Workwell today!
JOIN OUR TEAM!
We are currently seeking a full-time MD/DO to treat in our Tucson Area ambulatory medical centers:
Palmdale St., Grant Rd. and Craycroft Rd.
Part Time or Full Time
Area Medical Director Job Summary
Working in coordination with other members of the leadership team, the AMD shall deliver the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. Job entails 60-80% clinical and 20-40% administrative duties.
The AMD delivers area clinical guidance and medical management services to MBI patients and customers, while maintaining connectedness with the overall business strategy. Additionally, the AMD ensures that clinical operations are in alignment with the company’s strategic objectives, leverages talent and resources, and champions a collaborative and integrative work ethic.
Leadership that combines broad vision with a critical eye for internal operations and quality assurance is a requirement for our high performing areas. The AMD contributes to the success of MBI business strategy by providing deep subject matter expertise as appropriate, formulating and executing the clinical innovation strategy, driving for exceptional results, inspiring managers and colleagues, and shaping the company’s future.
- Review Past Medical History, family history social history and review of symptoms, perform physical examinations of the eyes, ears, head, neck, chest, heart, abdomen, back, extremities, male genitals (for hernias), neurologic systems, general condition, height, weight vital signs, vision, hearing, and/or electrocardiograms for the purpose of determining capacity to safely perform specified job functions.
- Review and interpret radiographs of the chest, back, and/or extremities to determine the presence of a pre-existing condition prior to beginning work.
- Evaluate and manage the following conditions:
- Common occupational musculoskeletal injuries of the neck, back, and upper and lower extremities
- Work-related injuries to the head with or without loss of consciousness, assuming the individual is currently conscious and alert
- Work-related injuries to the chest or abdomen, with the possibility of hernias
- Work-related lacerations of the face and extremities which do not impair function or sensation
- Work-related foreign bodies to the eye, and other non-penetrating eye injuries or conditions of the eye that do not affect vision
- Work-related rashes and other occupational skin conditions
- Occupational asthma and other work-related respiratory symptoms
- Evaluation and management to include:
- Review of the chief complaint, mechanism or description of injury, associated symptoms, effect on activities of daily living (including work) past medical, social, family history (including functions of usual job), and appropriate physical examination
- Appropriately diagnosing the problem
- Recommendation of appropriate over-the-counter medications, application of heat or cold, referral for home exercise training
- Prescription of appropriate medications and therapy
- Ordering and interpretation of appropriate radiographs
- Recommendation and application of ace bandages, braces, splints and casts as appropriate
- Treatment of non-displaced uncomplicated fractures
- Referral for specialized testing such as MRI, EMG as necessary and appropriate
- Referral for specialty care as appropriate
- Identification of appropriate limitations to activity at home and work
- Rendering an opinion regarding causality and work relatedness.
1001 E. Palmdale, Tucson, AZ 85714
888 S. Craycroft, Tucson, AZ 85711
1661 W. Grant Rd, Tucson, AZ 85745
- FMCSA certified for DOT exams.
- Active full DEA license
- Skills in exercising a high-degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives in a rapidly changing business environment
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Proficient computer skills
- Customer service oriented; strong organizational skills and ability to develop relationships with staff, patients, and clients.
- Unrestricted Arizona Medical Licensure with no active stipulations
- Participate in the legal process of workers’ compensation, including depositions and testifying in hearings when requested
- Able to perform fit for duty chart reviews/exams
- Able to perform treadmill stress tests
- MRO certification
- Many of our Centers operate M-F 8 am to 5 pm coupled with 30+ days off per year
- Performance Bonus Program
- Collaborative Work and Care Environment
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- 401 K with Employer Match
- CME Allowance with Time Off
- Medical Dental and Vision Coverage
- Significant Personal and Professional Growth Opportunities
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert