The Medical Oncologist with an emphasis on Breast cancer will focus on the delivery of high quality, evidence-based medical oncology care. (Annapolis Mid-Chesapeake Bay Region, Maryland)
Luminis Health, is a not for profit regional health system that provides care for 1.5 million people in Anne Arundel County, Prince Georges County, the Eastern Shore and beyond. Luminis Health is a three hospital, regional health system with more than 800 beds and nearly 100 sites of care in the clinical enterprise. Luminis Health’s depth in clinical programming allows us to meet the growing needs of our region, while providing personalized care across eight counties. Luminis Health’s Geaton and Joann DeCesaris Cancer program is a key service for the system and known for its high quality comprehensive cancer program. We are searching for an experienced, dynamic, Fellowship trained, Board Certified Medical Oncologist.
The Medical Oncologist is a colleague and mentor to other members of the hematology oncology section to provide for the continued growth, advancement and innovation for breast medical oncology.
The comprehensive community cancer program diagnoses over 2,500 new analytic cancer cases each year across the system. Our comprehensive breast program is the busiest community program in the state with greater than 750 new breast cancer diagnosis each year across the system. Our comprehensive cancer care and supportive services include well attended, disease-specific, weekly multidisciplinary breast tumor board supported by a patient-centered, team approach to cancer care. This includes our ACR accredited Womens Imaging Center of Excellence, state of art radiation oncology, integrative oncology/acupuncture, risk assessment prevention program, social workers, nutritionists, oncology rehabilitation including physical and occupational therapy, financial navigation, genetics counseling, oncology nurse navigators, patient and family advocates and other support programs. Additionally, we participate in a large number of cancer clinical trials, including industry and cooperative groups, as well as active participants and members of The Johns Hopkins Clinical Research Network.
This position will report directly to the Chief Division of Hematology Oncology
KEY POINTS: the Medical Oncologist with a primary focus on Breast Cancer, will provide:
Quality Delivery of Care:
- Support the development of a quality scorecard for breast medical oncology, with a specific focus to measure quality care, value based pathways and evidence-based treatment guidelines.
- Actively participate as a mentor and educator with the ACGME Hematology Oncology Fellowship.
- Create and sustain an environment of care that supports clinical excellence for patients, providers, staff and guests.
Market Growth and Expansion:
- Identify and develop new and enhanced services in order to meet the needs of breast patients.
- Serve as the principal investigator on select cancer clinical trials within the area of breast medical oncology research, additionally reaching out to colleagues and peers in order to maximize participation in a growing portfolio of clinical trials across various tumor histology’s.
- Participate in the development and planning for breast medical oncology that will support increased access for system wide market growth.
Community Outreach and Workforce Engagement:
- Identify breast medical oncology initiatives for improving the overall health of our community and region, as identified by state, regional and local stakeholders.
- Ensure continued involvement of other breast medical oncology providers with serving on disease-specific centers of excellence as requested.
- Actively participate in the employee and physician engagement programs, in addition to other well-being and community health initiatives.
- Assist with the recruitment and retention of faculty members within the section, with a particular focus on workforce engagement and long-term retention plans for all faculty and team.
- Competitive Compensation
- Robust Benefit Package
- Paid Time-Off
- 403b with Matching
- Paid Holidays
- Work/Life Balance
- Health, Dental, Vision
- and so much more…
Come and see why so many providers chose Luminis Health as their place to practice medicine. To learn more about this exceptional opportunity - please send your CV to Courtney Gould, Physician Recruiter – firstname.lastname@example.org or call (443) 221-9182
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert