Medical Toxicology Opportunity
- St. Luke’s University Health Network
- Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Closing date
- Feb 27, 2024
- Emergency Medicine
- Full Time
- Position Type
St. Luke s University Health Network, the region s largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nation s 100 Top Hospitals is seeking a Medical Toxicology BC/BE physician to join our dedicated team of physicians providing excellent care throughout our network. Background in Emergency Medicine and/or Addiction Medicine are a plus.
In joining the current team of Medical Toxicologists you ll participate in providing:
- Expert medical toxicology bedside and telemedicine consultation at a large hospital network
- Primary medical management of patients suffering acute alcohol, benzodiazepine, and opioid withdrawal with coexisting medical illnesses or complications.
- Outpatient care in a brand-new outpatient addiction medicine clinic
- Education to rotating residents, fellows, and medical students
In joining St. Luke s University Health Network you ll enjoy
- Rich benefits package, including malpractice, health and dental insurance, CME allowance
- $25k starting bonus
- Loan repayment up to $100,000
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Professional support and growth within the network
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
- Medical degree DO or MD
- Completion of an accredited Emergency Medicine residency program preferable but not required
- Board certification/eligibility in Emergency Medicine or your primary specialty
- Completion of Medical Toxicology fellowship
- Board certification/eligibility in Medical Toxicology
- Addiction Medicine experience or BC/BE is a plus.
About St. Luke s University Health Network
Founded in 1872, St. Luke s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 18,000 employees providing services at 14 campuses and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue greater than $3 billion, the Network s service area includes 11 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey.
Dedicated to advancing medical education, St. Luke s is the preeminent teaching hospital in central-eastern Pennsylvania. In partnership with Temple University, St. Luke s created the Lehigh Valley s first and only regional medical school campus. It also operates the nation s longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in 1884, and 44 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs with 419 residents and fellows.
St. Luke s is the only Lehigh Valley-based health care system with Medicare s five- and four-star ratings (the highest) for quality, efficiency and patient satisfaction. St. Luke s is both a Leapfrog Group and Healthgrades Top Hospital and a Newsweek World s Best Hospital. In 2020, two of IBM Watson Health s 100 Top Hospitals were St. Luke s hospitals. St. Luke s University Hospital has earned the 100 Top Major Teaching Hospital designation from IBM Watson Health eight times total and six years in a row. St. Luke s has also been cited by IBM Watson Health as a 50 Top Cardiovascular Program.
Utilizing the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHN s information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling and online pricing information. St. Luke s is also recognized as one of the state s lowest cost providers.
About the Lehigh Valley
The Lehigh Valley is a place to live, work, and play! Rich with history, fantastic recreational activities, eclectic restaurants and midway between Philadelphia and New York City, the Lehigh Valley offers excellent school systems and affordable housing that can be found with easy access to the hospital. Cost of living is low and coupled with minimal congestion; choose among a variety of charming urban, semi urban and rural communities your family will enjoy calling home. Discover more about the Lehigh Valley at https://www.discoverlehighvalley.com/
Apply for Medical Toxicology Opportunity
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert