Pediatric Cardiology Opportunity
- St. Luke’s University Health Network
- Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
- Closing date
- Feb 27, 2024
- Full Time
- Position Type
St. Luke s University Health Network, the region s largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nation s 100 Top Hospitals is seeking a part-time BC/BE Pediatric Cardiologist to join our current cardiologist and advanced practitioner in a busy and growing practice.
Department Highlights include:
- Pediatric Cardiology practice provides comprehensive and convenient care to patients and their families with the ability to perform in-office diagnostic testing, including echos by experienced Pediatric Echo Sonographers.
- Practice consists of two pediatric cardiologists, an advanced practitioner, two pediatric echo sonographers, as well as office support staff.
- Consistently growing pediatric volumes and a strong Network commitment to expanding pediatric services within the community.
- The Department of Pediatrics consists of inpatient, primary care, and specialty care providers across a variety of practice locations.
- St. Luke s University Hospital Bethlehem campus, is now a proud member of the Children s Hospital Association, representing the Network s investment in continuing to grow services for pediatric patients.
- The inpatient pediatric units are located at St. Luke s University Hospital Bethlehem Campus. A new replacement 17 bed inpatient unit opened this spring and the Network s first Pediatric Intensive Care Unit opened with 8 beds in early 2020.
- The department is supported by a growing team of pediatric specialists covering 14 specialty areas including: pediatric surgery, GI, endocrinology, nephrology, developmental pediatrics, neurology, cardiology, dermatology, psychiatry, pulmonology, radiology, anesthesia, orthopedics and plastic surgery!
- St. Luke s Pediatric Specialty Center, the region s first and only freestanding building completely dedicated to providing care for pediatric patients opened in the spring of 2022. The center provides easy and convenient access for children and families in a pediatric friendly environment with a multidisciplinary approach including pediatric specialty, pediatric primary care, and pediatric PT/OT/ST.
- Expansive base of ten pediatric primary care practices spread across fourteen locations as well as three pediatric clinics. Several new primary care practice sites are also in development and will be opening over the next two years.
- The most robust and highest volume OB program in the region with a strong maternal and fetal medicine program which delivers nearly 5,000 babies per year.
- Surgical Level III NICU located at St. Luke s University Hospital in Bethlehem, PA, 8 bed Level II NICU at St. Luke s Allentown Campus, 26 bed Level III NICU at St. Luke s Anderson Campus, and a Level II NICU at St. Luke s Upper Bucks Campus.
- 12 hospital Network spread over a diverse geographic area providing emergency care for over 317,000 patients annually. Our broad Network generates ample volume for the remote reading of pediatric EKGs and Echos.
If you are interested and would like to learn more about our Pediatrics program, please visit www.slhn.org/pediatriccareers
In joining St. Luke s University Health Network you ll enjoy:
- Substantial compensation and a rich benefits package, including malpractice insurance, health and dental insurance, & CME allowance
- Starting bonus
- Work/life balance & flexibility
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Professional support and growth within the network
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
- Please click here to review our Provider Recruitment Brochure.
About St. Luke s University Health Network
Founded in 1872, St. Luke s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 16,000 employees providing services at 12 hospitals and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue greater than $2 billion, the Network s service area includes 11 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey.
Dedicated to advancing medical education, St. Luke s is the preeminent teaching hospital in central-eastern Pennsylvania. In partnership with Temple University, St. Luke s created the Lehigh Valley s first and only regional medical school campus. It also operates the nation s longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in 1884, and 38 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs with 347 residents and fellows.
St. Luke s is the only Lehigh Valley-based health care system with Medicare s five- and four-star ratings (the highest) for quality, efficiency and patient satisfaction. St. Luke s is both a Leapfrog Group and Healthgrades Top Hospital and a Newsweek World s Best Hospital. In 2020, two of IBM Watson Health s 100 Top Hospitals were St. Luke s hospitals. St. Luke s University Hospital has earned the 100 Top Major Teaching Hospital designation from IBM Watson Health eight times total and six years in a row. St. Luke s has also been cited by IBM Watson Health as a 50 Top Cardiovascular Program.
Utilizing the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHN s information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling and online pricing information. St. Luke s is also recognized as one of the state s lowest cost providers.
About the Lehigh Valley
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, Early American, and industrial history, the region s storied past became its uplifting present, bestowing visitors anything from crayons and craft beer to Martin Guitars and museums, covered bridges, and nationally-recognized events like Musikfest and Christkindlmarkt.
The Lehigh Valley is in close proximity to NYC, Philly, and DC. Outstanding higher education facilities include Lehigh University and Moravian College. Cost of living is low and coupled with minimal congestion; choose among a variety of charming urban, semi-urban and rural communities your family will enjoy calling home. There is easy access to outdoor activities like skiing, snowboarding, white water rafting, and zip lining. The Lehigh Valley encompasses three unique cities in one suburban area. For more information please visit www.discoverlehighvalley.com
*We do not sponsor visas
Apply for Pediatric Cardiology Opportunity
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert