Acute Care Surgeon - St. Vincent's Medical Center
- Hartford HealthCare Medical Group
- Bridgeport, Connecticut
- Closing date
- May 26, 2023
Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Acute Care Surgeon
Hartford HealthCare (HHC) is the most comprehensive integrated health care system in CT. Our system includes seven acute care facilities. St. Vincent's Medical Center (SVMC) is a 473-bed teaching hospital in Bridgeport, with a large multispecialty provider group. It is the first hospital in Fairfield County (CT) to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network. SVMC is an American College of Surgeons verified and State of Connecticut designated Level II Trauma Center and is a referral center for a multitude of complex medical and surgical specialties. It is served by HHC's LIFE STAR air ambulance.
St. Vincent's Medical Center is seeking an Acute Care Surgeon (ACS) Board Certified in General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care. The Surgeon will provide surgical consultation and practice to individuals needing assistance and care, in the specialties of emergency general surgery, trauma and surgical critical care. There is opportunity for an elective general surgical practice. Ideal applicants would have between 7 and 12 years of clinical experience in ACS although all other suitable applicants will be welcomed. Dedication to team building and participation in strategic growth initiatives are essential to the successful applicant.
- Teaching medical students and training surgical residents
- Participating in in quality, safety and education for all staff and participate in committees
- Joining a growing and financially secure physician-led organization with best-in-class operations and business management.
- Participating in Acute Care Surgery Coverage and Trauma and Emergency General Surgery call, as needed and scheduled
- Participating the educational and administrative activities of HHC's Trauma Network which consists of the other (one Level 1 and one Level 3) Trauma Centers in the system
- Enjoying access to the Hartford HealthCare Leadership Development Institute, with intensive leadership training program designed specifically for physician leaders.
- Located one hour from New York City, we are in the heart of some of New England's most stunning communities offering you and your family nationally acclaimed schools, and a variety of housing and recreational options.
Applicants should remit a letter of interest and CV to Clayton Tebbetts, Physician Recruitment via email at Clayton.Tebbetts@hhchealth.orgor call/text (860) 249-6927.
Board Certified General Surgery
About Hartford HealthCare
The Hartford HealthCare network employs over 2,500 providers in over 400 practice locations throughout Connecticut, 7 acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, one of the largest behavioral health networks and one of the largest, physician-led, multi-specialty medical groups in New England.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel careers to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Our location: Connecticut is located within two hours of Boston and New York City and offers access to the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, access to New England beaches and ski resorts, and options to live near the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas.
1290 Silas Deane Highway
Apply for Acute Care Surgeon - St. Vincent's Medical Center
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert