Faculty Family Medicine Physician with OB

United Health Services
Johnson City, New York
Closing date
Feb 22, 2024

View more

Family Medicine
Full Time
Position Type

The United Health Services Family Medicine Residency Program is seeking a board certified/eligible family physician for a full-time core faculty position with obstetrics. Join our dynamic and well-established team at a community hospital affiliated with Upstate Medical University, an academic medical center. Our residency was founded in 1971 and is a 9-9-9 resident program.

New graduates welcome to apply, mentoring available from experienced faculty with maternal child health fellowship training. The curriculum incorporates acupuncture and osteopathic opportunities for DO s and MD s.

This is a unique academic opportunity. The mission of UHS faculty family physicians is first and foremost to train our residents. As such, direct patient care practice is a manageable 20% FTE, leaving 80% of one s time for resident teaching (inpatient and outpatient), supervising and developing curricula, preparing educational activities, advising and mentoring, student teaching, and more. Faculty physicians are given latitude to innovate and involve themselves broadly in residency, practice, and community activities. The successful candidate must be board certified in Family Medicine by the ABFM or ACOFP and have academic experience. Obstetrics is optional but a plus.

Our mission is to develop highly competent and compassionate family physicians providing innovative evidence-based care to a historically marginalized and underrepresented patient population. We serve urban and rural communities in Upstate New York.

Position Highlights

  • Full-time inpatient and outpatient practice with non-surgical obstetrics
  • Obstetric call will be 1:6 for supervising resident continuity deliveries
  • Mentoring available from experienced faculty with maternal child health fellowship training
  • Flexible clinical schedules and
  • Competitive salary and benefits package with paid time off
  • EPIC EMR platform system-wide
  • As a 501(c)3 not-for-profit, the position is eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness

Highlights of the Southern Tier of New York

  • Home of Binghamton University, a premier public state university
  • Family friendly outdoor recreation opportunities
  • Centrally located, 3 hours from NYC, 5 hours from Toronto, 1 hour from Ithaca and the Finger Lakes Region

Apply for Faculty Family Medicine Physician with OB

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required

Your file must be a .doc, .pdf, .docx, or .rtf. No larger than 1MB
Selected file:

When you apply for a job we will send your application to the named employer, who may contact you. By applying for a job listed on JAMA Career Center you agree to our terms and conditions and privacy policy. You should never be required to provide bank account details. If you are, please contact us. All emails will contain a link in the footer to enable you to unsubscribe at any time.

Get job alerts

Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.

Create alert