Faculty Family Medicine Physician with OB
- United Health Services
- Johnson City, New York
- Closing date
- Feb 22, 2024
- Family Medicine
- Full Time
- Position Type
The United Health Services Family Medicine Residency Program is seeking a board certified/eligible family physician for a full-time core faculty position with obstetrics. Join our dynamic and well-established team at a community hospital affiliated with Upstate Medical University, an academic medical center. Our residency was founded in 1971 and is a 9-9-9 resident program.
New graduates welcome to apply, mentoring available from experienced faculty with maternal child health fellowship training. The curriculum incorporates acupuncture and osteopathic opportunities for DO s and MD s.
This is a unique academic opportunity. The mission of UHS faculty family physicians is first and foremost to train our residents. As such, direct patient care practice is a manageable 20% FTE, leaving 80% of one s time for resident teaching (inpatient and outpatient), supervising and developing curricula, preparing educational activities, advising and mentoring, student teaching, and more. Faculty physicians are given latitude to innovate and involve themselves broadly in residency, practice, and community activities. The successful candidate must be board certified in Family Medicine by the ABFM or ACOFP and have academic experience. Obstetrics is optional but a plus.
Our mission is to develop highly competent and compassionate family physicians providing innovative evidence-based care to a historically marginalized and underrepresented patient population. We serve urban and rural communities in Upstate New York.
- Full-time inpatient and outpatient practice with non-surgical obstetrics
- Obstetric call will be 1:6 for supervising resident continuity deliveries
- Mentoring available from experienced faculty with maternal child health fellowship training
- Flexible clinical schedules and
- Competitive salary and benefits package with paid time off
- EPIC EMR platform system-wide
- As a 501(c)3 not-for-profit, the position is eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Highlights of the Southern Tier of New York
- Home of Binghamton University, a premier public state university
- Family friendly outdoor recreation opportunities
- Centrally located, 3 hours from NYC, 5 hours from Toronto, 1 hour from Ithaca and the Finger Lakes Region
Apply for Faculty Family Medicine Physician with OB
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert