Pediatric Cardiologist - St. Christopher's Hospital for Children
- Tower Health
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Closing date
- May 23, 2023
- Cardiology, Pediatrics
- Full Time
- Position Type
Tower Health is a regional integrated healthcare system that offers compassionate, high quality, leading edge healthcare and wellness services to communities in Berks, Chester, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties. With approximately 11,500 employees, Tower Health consists of Reading Hospital in West Reading; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown; and St. Christopher's Hospital for Children in Philadelphia, in partnership with Drexel University. Tower Health is strongly committed to academic medicine and training, including multiple residency and fellowship programs, the Drexel University College of Medicine at Tower Health, and the Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences in West Reading. The system also includes Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing; home healthcare provided by Tower Health at Home; TowerDirect ambulance and emergency response; Tower Health Medical Group; Tower Health Providers, our clinically integrated network; and 25 Tower Health Urgent Care facilities across our service area. For more information, visit towerhealth.org .
About the opportunity:
The incoming physician will share inpatient consultative service as well as outpatient clinic responsibilities with other members of the Division. You will also participate in the teaching of medical students, residents, and (adult) cardiology fellows. There is a dedicated pediatric cardiac catheterization/electrophysiology laboratory equipped with state-of-the-art biplane fluoroscopy and 3D electroanatomic mapping capability. Prefer candidates with experience advanced cardiac imaging.
* Perform inpatient and outpatient pediatric cardiology evaluations and testing, including interpretation of ECGs, echocardiograms, ambulatory electrocardiography, and exercise stress testing in infants, children and adolescents.
- Maintain timely and complete chart notes, reports, and communication with primary care/referring physicians and other relevant subspecialty physicians.
- Maintain open and timely communication with patients, families, and guardians.
- Participate in multidisciplinary clinical management initiatives with other divisions.
- Facilitate patient referrals.
- Participate in division and department quality improvement initiatives, including within the department.
- Assists in the planning and direction of health programs within the appropriate specialty.
- Conducts training or assists in the training of interns and resident physicians.
- Maintains varied hours on a rotated schedule with other physicians to ensure that there is always a physician on-call during non-business hours.
- Faculty appointment is offered at the Drexel University College of Medicine.
- Comply with all billing, coding, documentation, and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in Department of Pediatrics grand rounds, morbidity and mortality conferences, and faculty development education.
- Maintain appropriate licensures and certifications.
In joining St. Christopher's you'll enjoy:
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- Teaching, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
- The latest in diagnostics, treatments, and innovations
- EMR System: EPIC
- Team-based care with dedicated support staff
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Compensation Plan with Comprehensive Benefits
- Generous earned time-off
- CME time and money
- 403(b) (matched) and 457(b) Retirement Plans
- Faculty rank through Drexel University College of Medicine, commensurate with experience
- Educational Loan Assistance
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Relocation Assistance
- Spousal/Domestic Partner Job Search Support
- Currently we support J1 visa waivers
- H1B visas and green card sponsorship
Philadelphia, located between New York and Washington D.C, is considered to be the birthplace of the United States. The Constitution was debated here in Philadelphia in what is now Independence Hall. The nearby Liberty Bell Center is home to the famous two-thousand-pound bell which became a symbol of freedom. The National Constitution Center also tells the story of 1920s prohibition. Learn more about Al Capone and other famous former inmates at the Eastern State Penitentiary. The Philadelphia Museum of Art, one of the country's largest museums, is not to be missed. At Fairmount Park, discover outdoor art on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, as well as the Smith Memorial Arch dedicated to Civil War heroes. Attractions for kids include Philadelphia Zoo, the oldest zoo in America. Meet more animals at the Academy of Natural Sciences or enjoy fun and educational interactive displays at the Please Touch Museum.
Contact: Beth Calabria at email@example.com
#LI REQ 2022-41176
Contact Name: Beth Calabria
Contact Email: Beth.Calabria@towerhealth.org
Contact Phone: 484-628-6714
MD or DO Required
Board certified/eligible in Pediatric Cardiology
WEST READING PENNSYLVANIA
Tower Health is a regional, integrated healthcare system that offers leading edge compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our seven hospitals, numerous ambulatory facilities, and experienced physicians and clinicians provide a full range of medical care – from prevention, screenings, and education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs and public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health’s commitment to
Advancing Health, Transforming Lives.
Across our system, you’ll find many opportunities to build an outstanding career. With more than 14,000 team members, Tower Health offers 22 urgent care facilities and a connected network of 2,200 physicians, specialists, and providers across more than 230 convenient locations.
Tower Health Hospitals:
- Reading Hospital, West Reading, PA
- Brandywine Hospital, Coatesville, PA
- Chestnut Hill Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Jennersville Hospital, West Grove, PA
- Phoenixville Hospital, Phoenixville, PA
- Pottstown Hospital, Pottstown, PA
- St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, Philadelphia, PA
About Our Community
Our communities offer a wide range of diverse outdoor and cultural activities, outstanding schools and quality of life with easy accessibility to shore points, airports, and major metro areas such as Philadelphia, New York City, Baltimore and Washington DC.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert