Clinical Site Director - Venice Family Clinic - Redondo Beach
- UCLA Health
- 90095, Ucla
- Closing date
- Mar 24, 2023
- Internal Medicine, Other Specialty
- Full Time
- Position Type
- Permanent, Chair/Chief/Medical Director
Venice Family Clinic is a leader in providing comprehensive, high-quality primary health care to people in need with compassion, dignity and respect. In November 2021, Venice Family Clinic merged with South Bay Family Health Care, uniting more than a century of experience helping patients regardless of their income, insurance or immigration status. The organization now has more than 500 staff who serve 45,000 people from the Santa Monica Mountains through the South Bay. We have 17 locations plus two mobile clinics and an expansive street medicine program for people experiencing homelessness. Read more about us at venicefamilyclinic.org.
The physician is an integral part of the clinic staff, providing leadership and expertise on medical and patient care issues. This responsibility includes providing a positive role model, and continuity of care for patients. The physician works cooperatively all Clinic departments including nursing, pharmacy, clinic coordinators, and behavioral health staff. The position requires flexibility in days and hours for clinical care, as some evening may be included in the weekly schedule.
The Clinical Site Director provides leadership to help resolve issues related to operational and clinical services. In addition to staff physician duties, the position will involve leadership of the site’s clinical staff, including direct supervision advanced care practitioners and physicians, Duties included in the leadership position are attending clinical leadership, dyad, peer review and credentialing and coordinating team meetings. The site clinical director works closely with the site clinic manager, and together they lead the monthly site meetings, and facilitate change and innovation projects at the site. The site clinical director also assists with the resolution of patient complaints.
Salary range: $225000.00-$250000.00 Annual
- Possession of active California Medical License
- Board eligible physician in Family Medicine, Med/Peds, Pediatrics or Internal Medicine
- Knowledge of medical problems of minority, medically underserved populations, and the homeless
- Ability to speak Spanish such that an interpreter is not routinely needed during medical exams. (Preferred)
- Skill in providing general adult and pediatric medical care in a high-volume clinic setting
- Able to manage a wide range of chronic illnesses especially diabetes and obesity
- Ability to teach and supervise residents and medical students
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert