St. Luke s University Health Network, the region s largest, most established health system is seeking a Medical Director to lead the Breast Program in a multidisciplinary setting. Qualified candidates must have a proven clinical, research and administrative track record and is interested in leading our Breast Program, the team currently has 3 dedicated breast surgeons and will be expanding in the future. The Medical Director will partner with Cancer Center leadership in developing a strategic plan for the Breast Cancer Program and successfully launch a Breast Surgical Fellowship.
St. Luke s Cancer Center Mission
St. Luke s Cancer Center builds a compassionate and trusting relationship with patients and families by offering personalized care, quality treatment, prevention programs, clinical research, education, and engagement to reduce the cancer burden in the communities we serve.
Successful candidates should:
- Have excellent communication skills and a commitment to delivering comprehensive and compassionate oncology care within their robust outpatient and clinical practice.
- Have extensive clinical expertise and be a recognized researcher and/or educator with a strong track record of building teams and fostering collaboration. We are looking for an energetic candidate to lead our Breast Cancer services by embracing the Cancer Center s tripartite mission of clinical care, patient-centric research and medical education (medical students, residents and hematology / oncology fellows).
- An interest in scholarly activity, teaching, clinical trials, and clinical research.
In joining St. Luke s University Health Network you ll enjoy:
- We are a COC accredited cancer program
- Established fellowship program with 2 Hematology/Oncology fellows
- SLUHN Cancer Center received the National Cancer Institute s National Clinical Trials High Performance Site Award (2017, 2018).
- Recently, St. Luke s Cancer Center has received five awards from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. St. Luke s Cancer center also received superior rating for lung cancer surgery results.
- The St. Luke s Surgical Oncology department has a long-standing tradition of delivering clinical care. Our team is comprised of specially trained individuals including patient navigators, nurse navigators, and counselors to help guide, comfort, and empower our patients through their journey.
- We also offer a healing arts program, nutrition support, access to rehab and physical therapy, insurance and financial support, clinical trials, and support groups to make our patients health care journeys as easy and understandable as possible.
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- Exceptional compensation package, starting bonus, and relocation reimbursement
- Rich benefits package including malpractice, health and dental insurance, and generous CME allowance
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities