- St. Luke’s University Health Network
- Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Closing date
- Feb 21, 2024
- Part Time
- Position Type
St. Luke s University Health Network, the region s largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nation s 100 Top Hospitals is seeking a part-time experienced board-certified Pediatric Intensivist to join our 8 bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at our Bethlehem Campus. If you are a physician who is excited by growth and new opportunities, we look forward to speaking with you! Candidates should possess exceptional professional, communication, problem solving and clinical skills.
- The Department of Pediatrics consists of inpatient, specialty and primary care providers spread across a variety of practice locations (throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey).
- St. Luke s University Hospital Bethlehem campus, is now a proud member of the Children s Hospital Association, representing the Network s investment in continuing to grow services for pediatric patients.
- The Pediatric Intensive Care unit is an 8-bed unit which opened in February 2020 at the Bethlehem Campus. The unit is staffed by critical care intensivists and specially trained pediatric nurses and receives admissions from the Network s 12 hospital campuses.
- The inpatient pediatric unit is a 17-bed unit also located at the Bethlehem Campus. This unit was newly reconstructed in June 2022 and is located adjacent to the PICU. The inpatient hospitalist team consists of 5 dedicated pediatric hospitalists who provide care in house 24/7 to patients admitted from any of the Network s hospital campuses.
- The unit is supported by a growing team of pediatric specialists covering 14 specialty areas including: pediatric surgery, GI, endocrinology, nephrology, developmental pediatrics, neurology, cardiology, dermatology, psychiatry, pulmonology, radiology, anesthesia, orthopedics and plastic surgery! Many of these specialists are co-located in St. Luke s new Pediatric Specialty Center, the region s first and only freestanding building dedicated entirely to providing care for pediatric patients.
- The most robust and highest volume OB program in the region with a strong maternal and fetal medicine program which delivers nearly 5,000 babies per year.
- Surgical Level III NICU located at St. Luke s University Hospital in Bethlehem, PA, 8 bed Level II NICU at St. Luke s Allentown Campus, 26 bed Level III NICU at St. Luke s Anderson Campus, and a Level II NICU at St. Luke s Upper Bucks Campus.
- Robust 12 hospital Network spread over a diverse geographic area providing emergency care for over 320,000 patients annually.
In joining St. Luke s University Health Network you ll enjoy:
- Substantial compensation and a rich benefits package, including malpractice insurance, health and dental insurance, & CME allowance
- Starting bonus!
- Work/life balance & flexibility
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Professional support and growth within the network
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
Apply for Pediatric Intensivist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert