NYC Health + Hospitals/Gotham Health is seeking a board-certified primary care physician to oversee the clinical excellence and day-to-day operations of East New York Community Health Center in Brooklyn, NY. In this role, you will oversee the hiring and development of medical staff, as well as ensuring financial viability and quality. Take this opportunity to collaborate with management to develop strategies and policies, as well as provide leadership and vision in new medical delivery areas. Be a part of an outstanding organization that is innovating care for the poor and vulnerable communities through New York City. Duties will include:
- Clinical oversight of a multi-specialty Community Health Centers
- 20% clinical and 80% administrative
- Implementing effective integration and coordination of the clinical services department
- Scheduling and conducting clinical staff meetings
- Orienting and mentoring all new physicians/mid-level providers
- Ensuring medical staff activities are coordinated with other operating units of the organization
- Includes oversight of dentistry and behavioral health
- Board-certified in a primary care specialty
- 2 to 5 years of physician leadership experience preferred
- 23 days of PTO and 12 paid holidays
- 15 sick days
- 5 days for CME and $2,000 toward your CME.
- 10% 401k employer contribution after 1 year of employment
- Compensation is between $225,000 and $235,000 per year
Where You'll Work
Gotham Health is a Federally Qualified Healthcare Provider formed in 2012 to enable individuals and families to address healthcare needs in their own neighborhoods. Gotham Health includes 7 community health centers and 33 primary care neighborhood and school-based clinics that serve more than 100,000 New Yorkers annually. Gotham Health provides easy to access high-quality, affordable health care services with a focus on primary care.
Where You'll Live
Brooklyn, the most populous of New York City's five boroughs, is on the western end of Long Island, connected to Manhattan by the iconic Brooklyn Bridge. Known for attractions such as Coney Island and Prospect Park, Brooklyn is also home to great restaurants, lively music and upscale shopping. In addition to a hip, urban culture, you'll discover quiet neighborhoods lined with mature trees and the borough's iconic brownstones.
Who You'll Work For
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States, providing essential inpatient, outpatient and home-based services to over one million New Yorkers every year in more than 70 locations, both community- and hospital-based, across the city's five boroughs. With 11 acute-care hospitals, five long-term care facilities and a network of primary care clinics, its diverse workforce empowers New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran
Job ID Number: 11698